Durban South Africa Temple
|Durban South Africa Temple|
|Announcement||1 October 2011|
|Official website • News & images|
The Durban South Africa Temple is a planned temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) to be constructed in Durban, South Africa. The announcement was made by church president Thomas S. Monson on 1 October 2011. The temple was announced concurrently with the Barranquilla Colombia, Kinshasa Democratic Republic of the Congo, Star Valley Wyoming, and Provo City Center temples. When announced, these temples increased the total number of temples worldwide to 166 and the number of temples in South Africa to two.
The temple's planned location or construction schedule has not been announced.
- List of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- List of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints by geographic region
- Comparison of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Temple architecture (Latter-day Saints)
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in South Africa
- Walker, Joseph (1 October 2011). "LDS general conference opens with the announcement of six new Mormon temples". Deseret News (Salt Lake City). Retrieved 1 October 2011..
- "Mormon church president announces plans for new temples in Utah, Wyoming, Colombia, Africa". Washington Post. AP. 1 October 2011. Retrieved 5 October 2011..
|This article related to the Latter Day Saint movement is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|