Dust Off and Dance
|Dust Off and Dance|
|Studio album by Tiffany|
|Released||May 31, 2005|
Dust Off and Dance is the sixth regular studio album by Tiffany, released in May 2005. Its style is electronica or dance music, representing a departure from the styles she has used in earlier albums, and of particular interest to dance clubs, where its songs have achieved some success. Tiffany has stated that this album is especially aimed at the gay community, which represents a significant portion of her fan base; she says "I have done the complete gay album."
Tiffany did not have a record contract at the time, so this album was released independently and sold online at the CDBaby site, where it was for a while the top-selling CD. It was also made downloadable in the iTunes music store.
By December, 2005, the song "Be With U Tonite" was being played heavily on some dance-format radio stations.
Several tracks from the album ("Ride It", "Na Na Na" and "Fly") have been featured in several episodes of the television series Ugly Betty.
"Ride It" was featured in a season two episode of "Brothers & Sisters".
In late April 2008, a track with the same name as this album (but not found on the album), "Dust Off and Dance", became available for download on the web. The song is Tiffany doing vocals for a dance team called Hydra Productions, and the song is found on their album Liquid.
- "Be with U Tonite" (Tiffany, Tim Feehan, Joe Brooks) – 5:09
- "Ride It" (Tiffany, Tim Feehan) – 4:54
- "Kama Sutra" (Tim Feehan, Dre Wilson) (featuring Dre Wilson) – 4:39
- "Na Na Na" (Tiffany, Tim Feehan, Joe Brooks) – 3:46
- "Everyone Get Down" (Tiffany, Tim Feehan, Joe Brooks) – 3:30
- "Fly" (Tiffany, Tim Feehan) – 3:30
- "Artificial Girlfriend" (Tiffany, Tim Feehan, Joe Brooks) – 3:53
- "Sacrifice" (Tiffany, Tim Feehan, Joe Brooks) – 6:19
- "I Luv How You Feel" (Tiffany, Tim Feehan, Joe Brooks) – 4:12
- "I Think We're Alone Now" (Ritchie Cordell) – 4:54
- "Artificial Girlfriend" (Second Sun Remix) – 4:23
- "Be with U Tonite" - April 2005
- "Na Na Na" - Summer 2005
- Joe Brooks – guitar, piano, backing vocals
- Ron Davis – photography
- Tim Feehan – guitar, programming, backing vocals
- Janine Gobeil – backing vocals
- Jawa – rap
- Second Sun – remixing
- Tiffany – vocals, backing vocals
Notes and references
- Gower, Van, "'Dust Off' Old Notions and Dance", David (Atlanta), issue #355, August 3, 2005, p. 60