|Occupation||Christian camp director|
|Known for||Competitive shooter, winner of Top Shot season 3|
Ellermann was born in the US to Rick and Lisa Ellermann. He has a sister called Risa. The Ellermann's founded Camp His Way in 1996, in Zavalla, Texas, near Angelina National Forest. The family moved to the camp grounds shortly after.
Dustin studied at Stephen F. Austin State University, graduating Cum Laude with a degree in Business Administration. After working at the camp for many years, Dustin became the camp director in 2005. He and his wife, Brittany, live at the camp grounds. They have three children, and foster children. Dustin is a self-taught shooter.
In 2011, Ellermann appeared in the third season of History Channel's marksmen competition Top Shot. During the first half of the competition, Ellermann competed as part of the Blue Team. His team ended up winning five challenges, and Dustin was nominated for elimination only once during that period. During the final half of the competition, Ellermann won four of the last individual challenges before the final. In the finale, he beat Mike Hughes to win the competition as well as $100,000.
Season 3 (2011)
- About Camp His Way on CampHisWay
- Dustin Ellermann Bio on History Channel
- Dustin Ellermann Bio on CampHisWay
- Camp His Way
- Top Shot Season 3: Interview with Winner Dustin Ellerman on Guns & Ammo; by Iain Harrison (October 26, 2011)
- Top Shot's Dustin Ellermann: What I forgot to do during the Finals on NRAblog.com; by Lars Dalseide (February 14, 2012)