Jeffrey with the Penguins, March 2013.
February 27, 1988 |
Sarnia, ON, CAN
|Height||6 ft 1 in (185 cm)|
|Weight||205 lb (93 kg; 14 st 9 lb)|
|NHL Draft||171st overall, 2007
Dustin Jeffrey (born February 27, 1988) is a Canadian professional ice hockey player who plays for the Dallas Stars of the National Hockey League (NHL). Jeffrey was drafted as the 171st overall selection in the 6th round of the 2007 NHL Entry Draft.
Jeffrey grew up in the small town of Courtright, Ontario playing minor hockey for the Mooretown Flags and the Lambton Jr. Sting AAA teams of the Pavilion League.
On October 9, 2007, Jeffrey signed a three year entry-level contract with the Pittsburgh Penguins.
He attended training camp with the Penguins in September 2008, and was assigned to the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins. Jeffrey tallied his first professional point in his second professional game in the AHL with the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins on October 11, 2008 against the Philadelphia Phantoms. He scored this goal a minute into in the first period on goaltender Jean-Sebastien Aubin.
Jeffrey made his NHL debut with the Penguins on December 26, 2008. He recorded his first point on December 30 and his first goal the next game on January 1, 2009, both against goaltender Manny Fernandez of the Boston Bruins.
Jeffrey has bounced up and down between Pittsburgh and their AHL affiliate Wilkes-Barre multiple times during the 2010-11 NHL season. He played 25 games with the Pittsburgh Penguins during the 2010-11 season, scoring seven goals and twelve points in twenty-five games.
Jeffrey's season came to an end on March 24, 2011, when he was placed on the injured reserve due to a "lower body injury" after Philadelphia Flyers forward Jeff Carter fell on Jeffrey's right knee. It was revealed on April 5, 2011 that Jeffrey had a torn ACL and had undergone surgery. He required six months' worth of rehabilitation and did not return until the start of the 2011-12 NHL season.
On July 12, 2011 Jeffrey signed a two-year, two-way contract with the Penguins worth $575,000 annually at the NHL level.
On November 17, 2013, Jeffrey was put on waivers by the Penguins and claimed by the Dallas Stars.
|2005–06||Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds||OHL||39||12||11||23||10||4||1||2||3||2|
|2006–07||Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds||OHL||68||34||58||92||40||13||6||12||18||11|
|2007–08||Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds||OHL||56||38||59||97||30||14||3||8||11||12|
|2012–13||KHL Medvescak Zagreb||EBEL||20||11||12||23||20||—||—||—||—||—|
- "NHL Entry Draft Year by Year Results". National Hockey League.
- Dave Molinari (October 9, 2007). "Penguins sign center to entry-level contract".
- "Pens reduce roster to 42 players". Pittsburgh Penguins. 2008-09-28. Retrieved 2011-02-03.
- "Jeffrey's road well traveled". January 24, 2011.
- Shelly Anderson (March 26, 2011). "Penguins Notebook: Orpik expected to return next week". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
- Dave Molinari (April 6, 2011). "Penguins beat Devils, 4-2, move a step closer to home ice in playoffs". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
- "Pens re-sign Dustin Jeffrey". Pittsburgh Penguins. 2011-07-12. Retrieved 2011-07-12.
- "Stars add depth with waiver claim Jeffrey". Dallas Stars. 2013-11-17. Retrieved 2013-11-17.