Dutch oven (practical joke)
||It has been suggested that this article be merged into Flatulence humor. (Discuss) Proposed since July 2012.|
A Dutch oven is a slang term for while lying in bed with another person, pulling the covers over the person's head while flatulating, thereby creating an unpleasant situation in an enclosed space. This is done as a prank or by accident to one's sleeping partner.
A connection between relationships and performing a Dutch oven has been discussed in two undergraduate student newspaper articles and in actress Diane Farr's relationships/humor book The Girl Code.
The book The Alphabet of Manliness discusses the Dutch oven and a phenomenon it refers to as the "Dutch oven surprise", that "happens if you force it too hard". The Illustrated Dictionary of Sex refers to this as a Dutch treat.
- Patridge, Ben. The MANual - Surviving Pregnancy. Bennovations. p. 64. ISBN 978-0-9721066-6-5. "A 'Dutch oven' is when you are lying in bed with someone, you pull the covers over their heads and expel gas from the anus, thereby trapping them with your pungent gift"
- Partridge, Eric; Dalzell, Tom; Victor, Terry (2006). The New Partridge Dictionary of Slang and Unconventional English (9 ed.). Taylor & Francis. p. 679. ISBN 978-0-415-25937-8.
- Partridge, Eric. The New Partridge Dictionary of Slang and Unconventional English. p. 679.
- Pat Corran and Lara Luepke "Dutch oven" February 24, 2003 The Spectator (University of Wisconsin Eau Claire) [dead link]
- "To fart without persecution, to want only to thrust one's blankets overhead and roguishly execute the Dutch Oven; those, my friends, are the truths our Founding Fathers held to be self-evident. To my brothers who still await with sphincters clenched (sans Brokeback), your day approaches. Stay strong." Jonathan Pitts-Wiley "Keeping it tight with your girlfriend" while still letting one rip February 17, 2006 Yale Daily News http://www.yaledailynews.com/news/2006/feb/17/keeping-it-tight-with-your-girlfriend-while-still/ (Accessed 22 February 2011).
- Diane Farr. The Girl Code: the secret language of single women (on dating, sex, shopping, and honor among girlfriends) Little, Brown and Company, 2001 ISBN 0-316-26061-4, ISBN 978-0-316-26061-9 192 pages page 172
- "If you happen to be in bed sleeping with someone, what you do is drop the nastiest, juiciest broccoli fart under the covers. Then while your partner is still sleeping, lift the covers over her head and then wait until the fart dissipates." Maddox. The Alphabet of Manliness. Citadel Press, 2006 ISBN 0-8065-2720-X, 9780806527208 204 pages p.66
- Roberts, Keath (2007-11-30). Illustrated Dictionary of Sex. Lotus Press. pp. 54–55. ISBN 978-81-89093-59-4.
|This comedy or humor related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|