Dutchess Stadium as seen from the seats behind home plate in 2009
|Location||1500 Route 9D
Wappingers Falls, NY 12524
|Owner||Hudson Valley Stadium Corp.|
|Operator||Hudson Valley Stadium Corp.|
|Field size||Left field: 325 feet
Center field: 400 feet
Right field: 325 feet
|Broke ground||January 20, 1994|
|Opened||June 18, 1994|
|Construction cost||$8.3 million
($13.2 million in 2015 dollars)
|Architect||Liscum McCormack VanVoorhis LLP|
|Structural engineer||Geiger Engineers|
|Services engineer||Fellenzer Engineering LLP|
|General contractor||Meyer Contracting Corporation|
|Hudson Valley Renegades (NYPL) (1994–present)
Manhattan College (2015–present)
The stadium is primarily used for baseball, as the home field of the Hudson Valley Renegades minor league baseball team, the short season-A level team of the Tampa Bay Rays. Each April the stadium hosts the Hudson Valley Baseball Classic between Marist College and the United States Military Academy. Besides baseball it is also used for weddings, catered events and concerts. The stadium hosts K104's annual KFest concert held in early June, as well as a rock concert, usually held in late August. Performing artists have included Akon, Rihanna, Fat Joe, Counting Crows, Collective Soul, Wilco, Def Leppard, Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen and Adam Lambert, among others.
In addition to concessions, the stadium features a kids area, which includes an ice cream shop and play areas. The entire field, excluding the pitchers mound and home plate area, was converted to Astro-Turf in the Spring of 2014.
- Carter, Christopher (January 27, 1994). "Stadium Crew Breaks Ground Jan. 20" (PDF). Harlem Valley Times. p. A12. Retrieved July 1, 2012.
- Hanley, Robert (June 19, 1994). "The Old Ball Game Gets New Times at Bat". The New York Times. Retrieved November 8, 2011.
- Consumer Price Index (estimate) 1800–2014. Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis. Retrieved February 27, 2014.
- "Dutchess Stadium". Liscum McCormack VanVoorhis LLP. Retrieved June 2, 2014.
- "Sports & Recreational Facilities". Fellenzer Engineering LLP. Retrieved June 2, 2014.
- "Renegades Baseball Stadium". Meyer Contracting Corporation. Retrieved June 2, 2014.
- Merzbach, Brian. "Hudson Valley Renegades". Ballpark Reviews. Retrieved June 2, 2014.
- "WRWD Hudson Valley Baseball Classic Set For April 24". Army Athletics. April 9, 2013. Retrieved June 2, 2014.
- "Baseball to Play 2015 Home Games at Dutchess Stadium". Manhattan College Athletics. July 15, 2014. Retrieved August 12, 2014.
- McMann, Sean T. (April 5, 2014). "Dutchess Stadium Turf Thrills Hudson Valley Renegades". Poughkeepsie Journal. Retrieved June 2, 2014.
- Hudson Valley Renegades: Dutchess Stadium
- Balkpark Reviews review of Dutchess Stadium
- Dutchess Stadium Views - Ball Parks of the Minor Leagues
- Stadium Review and Photos of Dutchess Stadium
- Dutchess Stadium and the Hudson Valley Renegades Review: A Wedding and a Ball Game