Duvvada railway station
Indian Railway Station
Kaziranga Express (SBC-Guwahati) at Duvvada Railway Station
|Address||Duvvada, Visakhapatnam dt., Andhra Pradesh
|Elevation||46 m (151 ft)|
|Line(s)||Visakhapatnam-Vijayawada section of Howrah-Chennai main line|
|Structure type||Standard (on ground station)|
|Tracks||Broad gauge 1,676 mm (5 ft 6 in)|
|Baggage check||Not available|
|Zone(s)||East Coast Railway|
|Division(s)||Waltair railway division|
Source:Google maps, India Rail Info 57226
Visakhapatnam Steel Plant was established in the 1980s and the first coke oven battery was commissioned in 1989.
With the expansion of Visakhapatnam city, particularly with the setting up of Visakhapatnam Steel Plant large groups of people started living away from the main city. People inhabiting neighbourhoods such as Aganampudi, Lankelapalem, Paravada, NTPC township, Pharma City and Ukkunagaram needed a large railway station nearer to their place of living. Duvvada railway station serves the population in the southern outskirts of Visakhapatnam.
Duvvada railway station serves about 108,000 passengers on a daily basis.
- Vishakapatnam railway station
- Waltair railway division
- Godavari Express
- Visakhapatnam Steel Plant
- "Major Events in the Formation of S.E. Railway". South Eastern Railway. Retrieved 2012-11-10.
- "Visakhapatnam Steel Plant". Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited. Retrieved 2013-01-15.
- "Appeal for better amenities at Duvvada". The Hindu, 18 November 2012. Retrieved 2012-11-21.
- "Duvvada (DVD)". India Rail Enquiry. Retrieved 12 July 2013.
|Preceding station||Indian Railways||Following station|
|East Coast Railway zone
Visakhapatnam-Vijayawada section of Howrah-Chennai main line