Israel, Tel Aviv
|Education||B.Arch (University of Toronto)|
|Spouse(s)||Bryan Lipovetsky (m. 2008)|
|Dvira Ovadia Online|
Dvira Ovadia (born 1979 in Israel) is a television personality and interior decorator. She is best known as winning the 2007 show called From The Ground Up with Debbie Travis season two. The show aired on Global TV May 31, 2007. The show was re-aired on HGTV Canada in the spring of 2008. In spring of 2008 the show was also airing in the United States on the Fine Living Network, Sunday nights at 10EST  Dvira Ovadia is also known for her weekly syndicated column which appears in many blogs which readers often write in to have their decorating questions answered.
Early life and education
Dvira Ovadia was born in Israel in 1979 to a Russian-born mother and a father of Egyptian descent. Prior to moving to Toronto, Canada, where she currently resides, she lived in Brussels, Belgium for the most part of her youth. Having been exposed to various cultures has led her to appreciate and understand many different aspects of design. She grew up loving puzzles and putting things together, she was quoted saying "As a child, I always loved design, whether it was fashion design or interior design or architecture.” 
Ovadia began her design education with a B.Arch at the University of Toronto in 1998-2001  where she undertook a major in architecture and a minor in fine art history. She graduated with honors and obtained several diplomas in the technical design sector from Sheridan College in Toronto.
In 2002 Ovadia moved to New York to pursue a master's degree in interior design at the Pratt Institute, New York. She lived in New York for two years where she studied and worked at INARCH, an interior design firm. After two years of living in New York City she returned to Toronto.
Career after From the Ground Up, Season II
As a result of winning the show From the Ground Up, season II, Ovadia was awarded the title of chief designer for Debbie Travis to design and develop a series of Debbie Travis condos and homes. Ovadia worked with Debbie Travis to develop 10 model homes for Tribute Communities, encompassing everything from interior design to furnishing and sourcing products from all over the world.
Ovadia often shares her design tips and trends in blogs and articles. She writes a seasonal trends guide for Jewish Magazine, a Canadian publication. In December 2007 she wrote an article for Yahoo! where she discussed the year's holiday trends for the season.  She also shared similar trends for the holiday season with Ontario Craft Brewers and with Condo Guide magazine.
Dvira Ovadia has been writing a weekly blog for Yahoo! Canada since 2008. Dvira Ovadia is the Designer and Art director for seasons One through Four on HGTV's Income property with host Scott Mcgillivray, who was also involved in From The Ground Up.
- CNW Group | GLOBAL TELEVISION | 'From the Ground Up with Debbie Travis' selects Chief Designer
- 'From the Ground Up with Debbie Travis' selects Chief Designer
- http://www.canwestglobal.com/media/viewNews.asp?NewsroomID=599 The Global Television Season Premiere - From The Ground Up With Debbie Travis
- From The Ground Up: Host Debbie Travis Searches For a Chief Designer
- Chau, Lawrence. Travis protegé designs career. Metro (Toronto), September 23, 2007
- Post City Magazines | August 2007, Dvira Ovadia by Jennifer Patterson
- The Canadian Jewish News - Canadian News in Brief-August 16
- "Travis Picks Ovadia". The Canadian Jewish News. 16 August 2007. Retrieved 2008-05-28.
- Inarch: Interior Architects Innovative Interior Design New York Asia
- Town Crier Online - Your source for local Toronto news and community information
- Welcome to The Jewish Magazine
- Turn holiday decorating traditions upside down - Décor & Trends - Home & Garden Article - Yahoo! Canada Lifestyle
- Ontario Craft Brewers - Trends and Advice for the Holiday Season
- The Condo Guide Magazine Toronto
- Yahoo! Lifestyles - Dvira Ovadia Blog
- HGTV Income Property