Dwaraka Thirumala Gopuram
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Telephone code||08829 271427|
Dwaraka Tirumala or Dwarakatirumala (Telugu: ద్వారకా తిరుమల) is a village and a mandal in West Godavari district in the state of Andhra Pradesh in India. It is famous for temple of Lord Venkateswara. Dwaraka Tirumala is located about 40 kilometres from the west Godavari district headquarters, Eluru 26 kilometres from ([Jangareddygudem)] This is also called as 'Chinna Tirupathi'.
Geography and transport
“Dwaraka Tirumala” is an ancient holy place and a popular pilgrim center in Andhra Pradesh of South India. Dwaraka Tirumala is nearer to Eluru, the headquarters of West Godavari District, which is 42 km from Eluru and 26 km from Jangareddygudem.
By Road: Direct buses are available from Eluru, Vijayawada and Hyderabad too. It takes about One hour and fifteen minutes by road from Eluru. Dwaraka Tirumala is 15 km from Bhimadole Junction. Bhimadole is between Vijayawada and Rajahmundry State Highway. Apart from Direct Busses, one can catch buses from rajahmundry to vijayawada / Vijayawada to Rajahmundry and alight at Bhimadole and catch buses to Dwaraka Tirumala.
By Rail:Though there is a Railway station at Bhimadole, very few trains (mostly local) stop. This railway station is on the main railway line of Vijayawada to Visakhapatnam.One can alight at Eluru (if you are coming from Vijayawada) or at Rajahmundry/TadepalliGudem (if you are coming from Visakhapatnam) and catch a local train to Bhimadole and from Bhimadole,Catch a bus.at,tirumala exp stops at bhimadolu every one must watch this temple.at bhimadole the transportation is well developed across the andhra and other states like orissa and bangalore,kolkata,....we can reach badrachalam from here...the cottages of temple and aptdc are established.the help line center at bhimadole junction bus stand will help you to reach the temple.by air you can reach dwaraka tirumala by reaching gannavaram (vijayawada)or madhurapudi(rajahmundry)and take a bus or train to eluru or bhimadole junction,autos and buses are available to reach dwaraka tirumala.
Temples in and around Dwaraka Tirumala
Dwaraka Tirumala Temple
The following temples which are situated within a radius of 35 km (22 mi) from Dwaraka Tirumala.
- Sri Venkateswara Swamy vari Temple, Dwaraka Tirumala
- Sri Konda Malleswara Swamy Temple, Dwaraka Tirumala.
- Sri Kunkullamma (Renuka Devi) Vari Temple, Dwaraka Tirumala
- Sri Anjaneya and Sri Subrahmanyeswara Swamyvarla Temples, Dwaraka Tirumala
- Sri Santana Venugopala Jagannadha Swamy temple, Lakshmipuram (V)
- Sri Seeta Ramachandra Swamy vari Temple, E. Yadavalli (V)
- Sri Bhu Neela Sametha Sri Satyanarayana Swamy Temple, Rangapuram (V)
- Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy vari Temple, I.S. Jagannadha Puram (V)
- Parijata Giri Venkateswara Swamy vari Temple, Jangareddygudem
- Sri Maddi Anjaneya Swamy Temple, Guravaya Gudem (V)
- Buddha Caves, Jeelakarra Gudem (V)
sivalayam at challachintalapudi denduluru mandal
- "List of Sub-Districts". Census of India. Retrieved 2007-05-25.