Dyer & Blair Investment Bank
|Industry||Investment, Financial Services, Brokerage|
|Founder||Messrs Derek Ingram Dyer, Patrick Murdoch Blair|
|Headquarters||Pension Towers, Loita Street,
|Chairman - Jimnah Mbaru, CEO - Paul Orem|
|Products||Asset management, Brokerage service, investment banking, investment management, Unit trusts, Advisory and Research|
Dyer & Blair Investment Bank is an Kenya investment firm that engages in regional investment banking, securities, investment management, and other financial services with both Individual and institutional clients. It is regulated by the Capital Markets Authority.
Dyer & Blair Investment Bank was founded in Nairobi in 1954 as a partnership of Stockbrokers Hickman & Grey. In that year, it became one of the six founding members of the Nairobi Stock Exchange (NSE), established in the same year.
In 1956, Messrs Derek Ingram Dyer & Patrick Murdoch Blair took over ownership from Hickman & Grey and changed the firm's name to Dyer & Blair to represent the new ownership.
The Kenya Commercial Bank (KCB) acquired full ownership of Dyer & Blair partnership in 1973 and incorporated the partnership it into a limited liability company operating as a wholly owned subsidiary of the bank. This was in the aim of offering brokerage services to their clients.
Dyer & Blair converted into a fully-fledged licensed investment bank in 2004.
- Dyer & Blair was won the tender to be the transaction adviser for the USD 840 Million Safaricom IPO. This was to the largest offering in the Eastern Africa region.
- The firm was selected as the Sole adviser for the acquisition of a 24.99% stake by Investment Partners, a private equity firm, in Equity Bank Group of Kenya for USD 179 Million. This was one of the largest mergers & acquisition transaction in the Eastern Africa region.
- Was the lead adviser for the Bralirwa IPO. This was the first IPO on the Rwanda Stock Exchange.
- Was the lead adviser for the NIC Insurance Uganda IPO. This was the first Insurance Company to list on the Uganda Stock Exchange.
- Nairobi Securities Exchange
- Uganda Securities Exchange
- Rwanda Stock Exchange
- List of investment banks in Kenya
- DFCU Group