Dyesol Limited (ASX: DYE) (FWB: D5I) (OTCQX: DYSOY) is an Australian 'clean-tech' company focused on commercialising a third generation solar technology called Dye Solar Cells (DSC). Dyesol is a publicly listed company with shares traded in Australia on the ASX, in Germany on the German Open Market, and in the USA on the OTCQX.
Headquartered in Queanbeyan, New South Wales in Australia, it opened its new manufacturing facilities on 7 October 2008, heralding a significant increase in production capacity. It has expanded internationally to strategic locations around the world - in Europe there are operations in the UK, Germany, Italy and Switzerland; in Asia a subsidiary in Japan, with operations in Singapore, Taiwan as well as a joint venture in Korea; and a subsidiary has been set up in the USA servicing North America.
It was founded in 1995 and was listed on the Australian Stock Exchange in 2005.
Dyesol and Tata steel announced in June 2011 the creation of the world´s largest dye sensitised photovoltaic module. This announcement is considered ground breaking in the solar industry, having far reaching implications to the scale and breadth that solar steel can attain, including the potential to achieve Terawatt hours of power generation from the actual building envelope.
In May 2013 Dyesol announced that Dye Solar Cell (DSC) technology, has achieved a "game changing" technical breakthrough by achieving a solid-state DSC efficiency of 11.3% at full sun. At this level of module performance the technology will be grid competitive - the "Holy Grail" for renewable energy technologies.
This achievement is particularly important in solar markets where light conditions are sub-optimal, such as Europe, North America and North-East Asia, where Dyesol technology has a considerable advantage over 1st and 2nd generation photovoltaic technologies.
Dyesol has been working closely with R&D partner, the EPFL, and is confident of announcing further improvements in solid-state performance in the near term. Remarkably, solid-state performance is confidently expected to outperform all hitherto known and published liquid-based efficiencies.
DSC includes ruthenium dye (light-absorbing material) sandwiched between Pilkington TCO glass and an electrolyte, a layer of titania (a pigment used in white paints and tooth paste) that absorbs the electrons to become an electric current. Dyesol is the primary centre of the world's research into this 3rd generation solar technology.
Subsidiaries and partnerships 
- World Wide Rights
- Tata-Dyesol (Tata Steel Europe) for photovoltaic Colorcoat roof production (application of DSSC on steel sheeting).
- Dyetec Solar (Pilkington/Nippon Sheet Glass) for glass based DSSC for use on BIPV/BAPV
- Dyesol-Italia for Flexible SureVolt DSC for use on AIPV (Similar to Flexible Organic solar cells)
- Dyesol-Timo ( South Korea, on glass/polymers/steel )
- Dyesol-Printed Power ( Research into Combined Energy Generation and Storage (CEGS) ) Singapore
- SIA Engineering Company/Meerkat ( Manufacturing facilities for use by Dyesol partners )
- Merck KGaA ( Supplying electrolytes, ionic liquids and research for use by Dyesol partners )
- Umicore ( Supplying dyes and research for use by Dyesol partners )
- Sefar AG ( Supplying transparent conductors for polymers for use by Dyesol partners )
- EPFL On going Research mainly into Solid State DSC. Switzerland
- PV Accelerator at Shotton, North Wales composed of Dyesol U.K. and TATA Steel staff
- Energy Studies Institute ( Research into technological advancements ) Singapore
- Nanyang Technological University ( Research into Solid State DSC ) Singapore / Australia
- Centre for Process Innovation (Research into final barrier coats )GB
See also 
- ASX DYESOL
- Tata Steel and Dyesol produce world’s largest dye sensitised photovoltaic module
- Dyesol Q&A PDF as of 20-3-2012
- DSC: A beautiful future emerges in Korea
- Dyesol Technology Drives Large Panel Development
- Marc Thomas, president and CEO of Dyesol Inc
- Top 20 Shareholders - as at 1 June 2012
- Dyesol 2012 Annual Report
- Top 20 Shareholders - as at 1 November 2012
- Dyesol 2012 Annual General Meeting
- DYESOL AND SINGAPORE’S NTU SIGN AGREEMENT
- Half Yearly Report FY 2013
- Tasnee Enters Strategic Investment Agreement with Dyesol
- Dyesol and Printed Power Singapore Entering a New Market CEGS
- Dyesol 3rd Quarter FY 2013 – Quarterly Report
- Top 20 Shareholders - as at 2 May 2013
- DYESOL ACHIEVES TECHNICAL BREAKTHROUGH IN SOLID STATE DSC