Dyesol Limited is an Australian Solar Company seeking to make a fundamental difference to the way Energy is generated and consumed on the Planet through the integration of its revolutionary solid-state Dye Solar Cell technology (DSC) into the building envelope . (Building Integrated Photovoltaics or BIPV)
Dyesol is listed on the Australian Stock Exchange (DYE), the German Open Market (D5I.F), and is trading on the OTCQX (DYSOY) through its depositary BNY Mellon . Dyesol was founded in 2004 and was listed on the Australian Stock Exchange in 2005.
Headquartered in Queanbeyan,Australia, it opened its new manufacturing facilities on October 2008. It has expanded internationally to strategic locations around the World - in Europe there are operations in the EU and Switzerland; operations in Singapore; as well as a Joint Venture in South Korea.
Dyesol and Tata Steel announced in June 2011 the creation of the world´s largest dye sensitised photovoltaic module. This announcement is considered ground breaking in the solar industry, having far reaching implications to the scale and breadth that solar steel can attain, including the potential to achieve Terawatt hours of power generation from the actual building envelope.
In May 2013 Dyesol announced that Dye Solar Cell (DSC) technology, has achieved a "game changing" technical breakthrough by achieving a solid state DSC (ssDSC) efficiency of 11.3% at full sun. At this level of module performance the technology will be grid competitive - the "Holy Grail" for renewable energy technologies.
This achievement is particularly important in solar markets where Light Conditions are sub-optimal, such as Europe, North America and North-East Asia, where Dyesol ssDSC technology has a considerable advantage over 1st and 2nd generation photovoltaic technologies.
Dyesol has been working closely with R&D partner, the EPFL, and is confident of announcing further improvements in solid-state performance in the near term. Remarkably, Perovskite solid-state DSC (ssDSC) performance is confidently expected to outperform all hitherto known and published 1st and 2nd generation Photovoltaic Cells .
Currently, the official accredited World Record Efficiency is 14.1% however efficiencies exceeding 15% are being achieved in the laboratory using perovskites , and experts are forecasting well beyond 20% as achievable not too distantly"
About Dye Solar Cell Technology
DSC technology can best be described as 'artificial photosynthesis' using an electrolyte, a layer of titania (a pigment used in white paints and tooth paste) and ruthenium dye deposited on glass, metal or polymer substrates.
The term mesoscopic has been introduced to reflect further advances in the technology, particularly where a perovskite is substituted for dye as a sensitiser. Light striking the sensitiser excites electrons which are absorbed by the titania to become an electric current.
Compared to conventional silicon based photovoltaic technology, Dyesol's technology has lower cost and embodied energy in manufacture, it produces electricity more efficiently even in low light conditions and can be directly incorporated into buildings by replacing conventional glass panels or metal sheets rather than taking up roof or extra land area.
solid state Dye Solar Cell Technology (ssDSC)
A new two-step deposition process to create the light harvesting pigment for solid-state dye solar cells.
Cells fabricated using this technique and incorporating Dyesol’s key DSC input materials and specially formulated 18NR-T Titania Paste have established a new world record efficiency of 15% for a solid-state Dye Solar Cell (ssDSC).
Subsidiaries and partnerships
- Dyesol-Timo ( ssDSC & Liquid DSC on Glass / Polymers / Steel )South Korea
- Dyesol-Printed Power Pte Lte (Research into Combined Energy Generation and Storage(CEGS) Singapore
- TASNEE ( Assistance with future funding and guarantees ) Saudi Arabia
- Cristal ( Supplying Nano-Titania for use by Dyesol partners ) Saudi Arabia
- EPFL On going Research mainly into Solid State DSC (ssDSC). Switzerland
- Nanyang Technological University Research into Solid State DSC (ssDSC) Singapore/Australia
- University of Oxford Research into ssDSC U.K.
- Merck KGaA( Supplying electrolytes,Ionic liquids )
- Sigma-Aldrich ( Sales of DSC materials into the USA )
- Sefar AG Supplying transparent conducting film for use by Dyesol partners
- Nippon Sheet Glass Supplying Transparent Conductive Oxides (TCO) for use by Dyesol partners
- Umicore Supplying liquid DSC Dyes for use by Dyesol partners
- SIA Engineering Company/Meerkat Manufacturing facilities for use by Dyesol partners
- G24 Innovations Ltd. G24i ( Dyes )
- DYESOL ASX
- DSC: A beautiful future emerges in Korea
- Dyesol 2012 Annual Report
- 2012 AGM Presentation
- DYESOL AND SINGAPORE’S NTU SIGN AGREEMENT
- Tasnee Enters Strategic Investment Agreement with Dyesol
- Dyesol and Printed Power Singapore Entering a New Market CEGS
- DYESOL ACHIEVES TECHNICAL BREAKTHROUGH IN SOLID STATE DSC (ssDSC)
- DYESOL exceeds stringent PV durability test by 400%
- Jul 11_2013 NEW RECORD EFFICIENCY FOR solid stateDYE SOLAR CELLS (ssDSC)
- Dyesol Annual Report FY2013
- Important Market Update from Dyesol re Global Commercialisation of its ssDSC Technology
- Dyesol to Join SPECIFIC as an Industrial Partner
- SwissTech Convention Center Features Multicolored DSSC Panel Facade
- Dyesol - Coolest Company in Australia
- DYESOL: PATHWAY TO MASS MANUFACTURE
- Perovskite's the Future of Solar Cells