Lauren in 2011
|Born||May 9, 1974|
Jewish and Austrian mother
|Alma mater||Duke University|
|Employer||Dylan's Candy Bar|
|Title||Owner and President of Dylan's Candy Bar|
|Spouse(s)||Paul Arrouet (2011-present)|
Ricky Anne Low-Beer
Early life and education
Dylan was born in New York City, New York, the daughter of Ricky Anne (née Low-Beer) and Ralph Lauren. Her father was the son of Belarus-born Jewish immigrants. Her mother was the daughter of a Jewish father and an Austrian Catholic mother, both immigrants from Austria. Dylan is the youngest of three children. Her brothers are businessman David Lauren and filmmaker Andrew Lauren.
Dylan founded Dylan's Candy Bar in 2001. She was inspired by seeing Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory on her fifth birthday. She was named one of the Top 25 Most Stylish New Yorkers by US Weekly in 2007. Her favorite designers include Ralph Lauren, Alice and Olivia, and 7 For All Mankind.
Lauren and longtime boyfriend hedge fund manager Paul Arrouet married in June 2011. The ceremony was held in NYC where she wore a bridal gown of her father's design.
- "Super Size Me: Dylan’s Candy Bar Gets Bigger". StyleFile.com, The Online Home of Vogue. 2008-10-28. Retrieved 2009-04-04.
- The Fairchild Encyclopedia of Menswear - Mary Lisa Gavenas - Google Books
- "Genuine Authentic: The Real Life of Ralph Lauren" By Michael Gross p 92-93
- Interfaith Family.com: "Interfaith Celebrities: Fall TV Preview, The Emmys and the Lauren-Bush Wedding" By Nate Bloom September 13, 2011
- Dylan's Candy Bar website: "History of Dylan's Candy Bar" retrieved June 29, 2012
- New York Times: "Dylan Lauren and Paul Arrouet" June 10, 2011