O'Brien in July 2013
August 26, 1991 |
New York City, New York, U.S.
Dylan O'Brien is an American actor, musician, and director. He co-stars as Stiles in the MTV series Teen Wolf. He also co-starred in the film High Road, and starred in the film The First Time, with Britt Robertson and Victoria Justice and directed by Jon Kasdan.
Life and career
O'Brien was born in New York City, and grew up in Springfield Township, New Jersey until the age of twelve, when he and his family moved to Hermosa Beach, California. His father is a camera operator and his mother is a former actress. He is of Irish, English, Italian, and Spanish descent. He graduated from Mira Costa High School in 2009. He had planned to attend Syracuse University in fall 2009 as a sports broadcasting major but decided to move to Los Angeles for an acting career.
At 14, O'Brien began posting original videos onto his YouTube channel. With the videos developing, a local producer/director approached him about doing work for a web series of hers. While working on the webseries, O'Brien met an actor who connected him with a manager. He went through several auditions before getting one for the main role in Teen Wolf. After reading the script O'Brien wanted to audition for the part of Stiles instead. After four auditions he was cast.
In addition to acting in film and on television, O'Brien has produced, directed, and starred in a number of comedic short films produced for and released through his personal YouTube channel, and he is also the drummer for the independent rock band Slow Kids at Play.
|2011–present||Teen Wolf||"Stiles" Stilinski||Main cast|
|2013||New Girl||The Guy||"Virgins"|
|2012||The First Time||Dave Hodgman|
|2013||The Internship||Stuart Twombly|
|2014||The Maze Runner||Thomas|
- Gandhi, Neha. "Exclusive interview: Teen Wolf's Dylan O'Brien". Seventeen. Hearst Communications, Inc. Retrieved October 17, 2013.
- "Dylan O’Brien". NewNowNext. Viacom. Retrieved October 17, 2013.
- "Sidekick supreme". Jason Johnson. June 4, 2011. Retrieved June 4, 2011.
- "Teen Wolf's Dylan O'Brien "In real life, I'm the werewolf."". Lynn Barker. July 27, 2011. Retrieved July 27, 2011.
- "Dylan O'Brien Maze Runner". Dylan O'Brien. April 18, 2013. Retrieved July 27, 2011.
- Teen.com (2013-09-19). "Dylan O'Brien, Brittany Robertson Dating, Tomorrowland Set". Teen.com. Retrieved 2014-01-12.