|Headquarters||Manchester, New Hampshire|
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (March 2013)|
It originally provided a free dynamic DNS service, which allowed users to have a subdomain that points to a computer with regularly changing IP addresses, such as those served by many consumer-level Internet service providers. An update client installed on the user's computer, or built into a networked device such as a router or webcam, keeps the hostname up to date with its current IP address. The company also provides a content filtering service called Internet Guide.
Dyn offers paid domain registrations, recursive DNS, email forwarding and redirection, network monitoring and URL redirection. Its corporate headquarters are in and moved to its fourth location in the summer of 2011.
Dyn (formerly Dynamic Network Services Inc.) was started in 1998 as a free service. As of 2011[update] it had over four million users. It became a Massachusetts limited liability company on October 24, 2001. In July, 2003, the company reorganized into a Delaware corporation.
The company launched the DynECT Platform in October 2007. As of 2011[update] it had nearly 1000 enterprise customers using the globally dispersed IP Anycast DNS network and SaaS-based failover, load balancing, geo traffic management and CDN Management services.
In June 2011 the company announced plans to open offices in London, UK and San Francisco, CA.
In November 2011 Dyn reduced the number of free hostnames provided from five to one (but only after signing up for a free trial), except for existing users with active hostnames. Registering for the service involves the purchase of a trial version of Dynamic DNS Pro at no cost, and requires a valid credit card, effectively rendering the service non-anonymous.
In October 2012, Dyn completed a Series A round of venture capital funding totaling US$38 million from North Bridge Venture Partners. Prior to the investment from North Bridge, the company had been self funded.
On January 2, 2013 Dyn acquired Web performance monitoring company Verelo. 
On May 13, 2013, Dyn acquired mobile dashboard app startup Trendslide. 
Dyn provides managed DNS and email delivery services to over 4 million active users worldwide with over 13 million served since the company's incorporation in 2001. Major customers include Twitter, Netflix, Pandora, Zappos, CNBC, Etsy, Box and StumbleUpon.
Third-party usage 
In May 2004 the company started providing DNS services for top-level domains, starting with the .cx TLD. The company also provides DNS for several other TLDs: Christmas Islands (.cx), Mauritius (.mu), Solomon Islands (.sb), as well as of the Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste (.tl).
- In April 2006, Dyn received a "Best Buy" rating and a perfect 10 out of 10 rating on Overall Value, Performance, and Ease of Use from the Consumer Guide.
- In January 2007, Dyn was named "One of Business NH Magazine's Best Company to Work For in NH".
- In September 2007, Dyn was ranked 73rd in the US among the "Top Companies in Telecommunications" and 11th overall in New Hampshire by trade publication Inc., thanks to a 208.7% growth rate since 2003.
- Also in September 2007, Dyn was listed on the Inc. (magazine) Inc. 5000 list, an add-on to the Inc. 500 list, which is for companies that have seen stellar growth during the past several years.
- In December 2007, Dyn was rated the number one small business to work for in NH by Business New Hampshire magazine.
- In December 2008, Dyn was rated as the number two best business to work for in NH by Business New Hampshire magazine.
- In December 2009, Dyn was rated as the number two Best Small Company to work for in NH by Business New Hampshire magazine.
- In December 2010, Dyn was named the number one Best Small Company to work for in NH by Business New Hampshire magazine. and will be entering the "Hall of Fame" in 2011.
- In May 2011, Dyn was selected as one of 50 Winning Workplaces by Inc. (magazine) and Winning Workplaces, an award for the top small businesses in the U.S.
- In August 2011, Inc. announced that Dyn made its Inc. 5000 list in the 1538th slot, a yearly ranking of the top U.S. based private companies. It was Dyn's second time on the list.
- In December 2011, Dyn was elected to the Best Companies to Work in NH Hall of Fame by Business New Hampshire Magazine.
- In April 2012, Dyn was named to WorldBlu List of Most Democratic Workplaces 2012.
- In August 2012, Dyn made the Inc. 5000 list for the third time, jumping 378 spots to #1160.
See also 
- "Dyn website". Dyn.com. Retrieved 2012-01-14.
- "Dyn Inc. Leases New Office Space Through NAI Norwood Group | Dyn Blog". Dyn.com. 2011-02-04. Retrieved 2012-01-14.
- "Dynamic Network Services, LLC Summary Screen". Retrieved 2006-11-30.
- "Delaware Division of Corporations Entity Search". Retrieved 2006-11-30. "File Number 3685450"
- "Dyn Announces Official London, UK Office Opening | Dyn Blog". Dyn.com. 2011-06-22. Retrieved 2012-01-14.
- "Free DDNS Service Changes". DynDNS.com. 2011-03-23. Retrieved 2012-01-14.
- Alspach, Kyle (Oct 2, 2012). "Dyn raises $38M in VC, gets Jason Calacanis on its board". Boston Business Journal. Retrieved October 2, 2012.
- Dyn Inc. Buys EveryDNS Xconomy, January 7, 2010
- Dyn Inc. Acquires EditDNS and Launches DynECT Dyn Inc Press Release, August 31, 2010
- Dyn Inc. acquires SendLabs New Hampshire Business Review. January 13, 2011
- Dyn Acquires SEO/SEM & Ecommerce Development arm of Incutio LTD
- Dyn Acquires Long Time DNS Provider TZO
- Dyn Acquires Website Monitoring Startup Verelo
- Dyn Acquires Mobile Dashboard App Trendslide
- "DNS Update API". Dyn. Retrieved 2012-01-14.
- What is dynamic DNS (DDNS)? Netgear
- "Norton DNS Public Beta FAQ". Symantec. Retrieved 2010-06-07.
- "No-IP.org". No-IP.org. Retrieved 2012-01-14.
- "DynDNS Receives "Best Buy" Ranking From Consumer Guide" (Press release). Dynamic Network Services, Inc. 2006-04-13. Retrieved 2006-11-30.
- "DynDNS Named One of Business NH Magazine's Best Company to Work For in NH" (Press release). Dynamic Network Services, Inc. 2007-01-04. Retrieved 2007-01-04.
- "Dynamic Network Services Incorporated Reports 208.7% Growth" (Press release). Dynamic Network Services, Inc. 2007-09-07. Retrieved 2007-09-07.
- "Dynamic Network Services Named to Inc. 5000 List" (Press release). Dynamic Network Services, Inc. 2007-09-12. Retrieved 2007-09-12.
- "businessnhmagazine.com". businessnhmagazine.com. Retrieved 2012-01-14.
- "Dynamic Network Services selected as Best Small Company to Work for in New Hampshire" (Press release). Dynamic Network Services, Inc. 2007-12-05. Retrieved 2007-12-05.
- "BusinessNH Magazine". Millyardcommunications.com. Retrieved 2012-01-14.
- "Inc. Magazine Recognizes Dyn As 2011 Top Small Company Award Winner | Dyn Blog". Dyn.com. 2011-05-23. Retrieved 2012-01-14.
- "Dyn Earns Spot on Inc. 5000 List | Dyn Blog". Dyn.com. 2011-08-23. Retrieved 2012-01-14.
- "WorldBlu Names Dyn A Top Democratic Workplace". 2012-04-10. Retrieved 2012-11-04. Unknown parameter
- "Dyn Makes Inc. 5000 List For Third Time, Jumps 400+ Spots; Dyn Blog". Dyn.com. 2012-08-22. Retrieved 2012-11-04.