Dzaoudzi–Pamandzi International Airport
|Dzaoudzi–Pamandzi International Airport
Aéroport de Dzaoudzi-Pamandzi
|Elevation AMSL||23 ft / 7 m|
Dzaoudzi–Pamandzi International Airport (IATA: DZA, ICAO: FMCZ) in an airport located in Dzaoudzi, Mayotte on the southern tip of the island of Petite-Terre (or Pamanzi), located east of Grande-Terre, the main island of Mayotte. It is the only airport in Mayotte with scheduled services, mainly to destinations within Africa and to France. The airport services aircraft up to the Boeing 777 in size.
A new runway (15/33) to the west of the current runway is being planned and will be 2,600 metres in length to accommodate large aircraft. Once built the older runway will become a taxiway. There are also plans for a new terminal to be built (and likely replace the current departure and arrival buildings). This project will be completed by 2015.
Airlines and destinations
The airport is open from 5am to 5:30pm local time.
The airport consists of a cluster of several small buildings:
- two story departure terminal building
- arrivals terminal
- control tower
- freight hangar is located to the south of the tower.
The airport has its own fleet of modern airport fire tenders (Carmichael Cobra 2 6x6 ARFF).
There are no large hangars or cargo handling facilities at the airport.
The south tarmac area is reserved for the French military.
Travel to and from the airport can be made by car. There is limited parking at the airport, so the preferred travel is by taxi into town (4 km from Dzaoudzi).
- French Aeronautical Information Publication for (PDF) – DZAOUDZI PAMANDZI
- http://www.developpement-durable.gouv.fr/IMG/pdf/RA_DSAC_2009_FR_UK.pdf, p65
- "Contact." Ewa Air. Retrieved on 19 December 2014. "Address Ewa-Air – Aéroport BP 452 97615 Pamandzi – Mayotte "
- Airport information for FMCZ at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- Airport information for FMCZ at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective Oct. 2006).
- Current weather for FMCZ at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for DZA at Aviation Safety Network