European Association for Theoretical Computer Science
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (January 2011)|
The European Association for Theoretical Computer Science (EATCS) is an international organization with a European focus, founded in 1972. Its aim is to facilitate the exchange of ideas and results among theoretical computer scientists as well as to stimulate cooperation between the theoretical and the practical community in computer science.
The major activities of the EATCS are:
- Organization of ICALP, the International Colloquium on Automata, Languages and Programming;
- Publication of a series of monographs and texts on theoretical computer science;
- Publication of the Bulletin of the EATCS;
- Publication of the journal Theoretical Computer Science;
- Publication of the journal Fundamenta Informaticae.
Each year, the EATCS Award is awarded in recognition of a distinguished career in theoretical computer science. The first award was assigned to Richard Karp in 2000; the complete list of the winners is given below:
|2013||Martin Dyer||ICALP (Riga)|
|2012||Moshe Vardi||ICALP (Warwick)|
|2011||Boris Trakhtenbrot||ICALP (Zurich)|
|2010||Kurt Mehlhorn||ICALP (Bordeaux)|
|2009||Gérard Huet||ICALP (Rhodes)|
|2008||Leslie G. Valiant||ICALP (Reykjavík)|
|2007||Dana S. Scott||ICALP (Wroclaw)|
|2006||Mike Paterson||ICALP (Venice)|
|2005||Robin Milner||ICALP (Lisboa)|
|2004||Arto Salomaa||ICALP (Turku)|
|2003||Grzegorz Rozenberg||ICALP (Eindhoven)|
|2002||Maurice Nivat||ICALP (Málaga)|
|2001||Corrado Böhm||ICALP (Creta)|
|2000||Richard Karp||ICALP (Geneva)|
Texts in Theoretical Computer Science
|This section requires expansion. (September 2011)|
- What does EATCS stand for? European Association of Theoretical Computer Science, Acronym Finder.
- Brauer, Ute; Brauer, Wilfried: European Association for Theoretical Computer Science / About the Association / Silver Jubilee of EATCS
- Monographs in Theoretical Computer Science. An EATCS Series, Springer-Verlag.
- Monographs in Theoretical Computer Science. An EATCS Series, DBLP.
- Texts in Theoretical Computer Science. An EATCS Series, Springer-Verlag.
- EATCS Award, European Association for Theoretical Computer Science.
|P ≟ NP||This theoretical computer science–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a scientific organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|