Erin Hoffman is an American game developer, blogger and fantasy writer.
"EA Spouse" blog post 
Hoffman became first known for an initially anonymous blog post under the name "EA Spouse". The post, made on November 11, 2004 to LiveJournal, sharply criticized the labor practices of Electronic Arts. It was widely distributed in the industry. In 2006, Hoffman's identity as the poster was made public.
Hoffman's actions, in part, led to the filing of three class action lawsuits against Electronic Arts and some changes throughout the industry at large, such as reclassification of entry-level artists as hourly employees, thus making them eligible for overtime under California law. Her fiancé, EA employee Leander Hasty, was the main plaintiff in the successful class action suit on behalf of software engineers at Electronic Arts, which in 2007 awarded the plaintiffs 14.9 million dollars for unpaid overtime.
Subsequent career 
After the affair and the court action, Hoffman and Hasty founded GameWatch, a watchdog organization meant to facilitate discussions between employees at different companies. In 2010, she was appointed to the Board of Directors of the International Game Developers Association, a position which she held until early 2011.
In June 2011, Hoffman published her first novel, Sword of Fire and Sea, the first of the Chaos Knight trilogy of fantasy novels. From September 2010 until October 2011, Hoffman was a Lead Systems Designer at Zynga. In December 2011, she joined the social game studio Loot Drop as a lead designer.
- The Chaos Knight trilogy
- Sword of Fire and Sea (2011), ISBN 978-1-61614-373-2
- Lance of Earth and Sky (2012), ISBN 978-1-61614-615-3
- Shield of Sea and Space (2013), ISBN 978-1-61614-769-3
- Hoffman, Erin. Nov. 11, 2004. "EA: The Human Story." Retrieved Jan. 23, 2007.
- Takahashi, Dean. April 25, 2006. "Nicole Wong Reveals Identity Of EA Spouse." The Mercury News. Retrieved Jan. 23, 2007.
- Programmers Win EA Overtime Settlement, EA_Spouse Revealed
- Surette, Tim. April 26, 2006. "EA settles OT dispute, disgruntled "spouse" outed." www.gamespot.com. Retrieved Jan. 23, 2007.
- EA_Spouse's Mask Removed
- Remo, Chris (March 2, 2010). "IGDA elections see four new board members, one reelection". Gamasutra. Retrieved August 13, 2011.
- Peitzman, Louis (July 21, 2011). "Erin Hoffman: debut novel, 'Sword of Fire and Sea'". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved August 13, 2011.
- Erin Hoffman's LinkedIn profile
- Curtis, Tom (December 21, 2011). "Industry veteran and activist Erin Hoffman joins Loot Drop". Gamasutra.