||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (April 2015)|
|Headquarters||Petah Tikva, Israel|
|Products||Transport, Carrier Ethernet, SDN/NFV Solutions, Network Management Systems, Services|
ECI Telecom Ltd delivers comprehensive networking solutions to service providers around the globe. ECI was founded in 1961 as a manufacturer of advanced telecommunications equipment. The company provides, next generation packet optical transport products, a variety of SDN/NFV applications, a comprehensive cyber security solution and a full range of professional services.
Today it serves carriers and service providers in various sectors: cable/multiple system operators, wireless/cellular service providers, utilities, carrier of carriers, data centers, government and defense entities worldwide.
The focus is on providing end to end solutions for multi-play services, business services, voice services, cellular backhaul, utelco and network security.
The company was founded as the Electronics Corporation of Israel in 1961. It specialized in telephone transmission products that manipulated the signals carried on telephone lines. The Electronics Corporation of Israel became ECI Telecom in 1981, and had its first trading on NASDAQ in 1982. Since that time, ECI has undergone a number of mergers and acquisitions, most recently an acquisition in 2007 by the Swarth Group and the Ashmore Group, private equity firms, making ECI a private company once again.
The company is well known for innovation. The list of achievements include:
- The telephone line doubler (1977),
- HDSL (1993),
- Optical ring-based networks (2000),
- Toll-quality voice over IP (VoIP)(2002),
- Coarse wavelength division multiplexing (2003),
- 10-degree optical add-drop multiplexer (2007),
- The first Carrier Ethernet switch/router built with a transport mindset (2008),
- Dynamic Spectrum Management Level 3 (2009) and Network Design Platform (2009),
- First to introduce MW links & packet convergence (2011),
- First to introduce 100G coherent links with SD-FEC (2012),
- Raman-EDFA Amplifier for 100G coherent optical links (2013),
- Launched 1 Terabit trials (2014),
- Introduced innovative SDN/NFV solutions based on industry leading Apollo Optical and NPT solution (2015).
Former holdings and spin-offs
- ECtel - provider of Revenue assurance solution sold to cVidya in 2010.
- Veraz Networks - provider of Softswitch solutions merged with NexVerse Networks to form a new company called Veraz Networks in 2002.
- InnoWave ECI Wireless Systems Ltd - sold to Alvarion in 2003
- Celtro communication Ltd - provider of Cellular network Backhaul (telecommunications) optimization and compression solutions, worked as an independent business unit within the NGTS division was spun off to a privet investor group led by the Momentum Venture Management fund in 2003.
- ECI Telecom Ltd Completes Acquisition by Private Equity Group, retrieved 2009-10-06
- Laing, Yehezkel, "ECI subsidiary NGTS to merge with US company Dialogic Corporation url = http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1P1-69279280.html", Jerusalem Post - November 1, 2002 -
- "Alvarion Closes Acquisition Of InnoWave, ECI's Fixed Wireless Subsidiary".