|Traded as||OTCQB: DIET|
|Founded||Florida, USA (1997)|
|Headquarters||Deerfield Beach, Florida, USA|
|Key people||Robert T. Hamilton, CEO|
eDiets.com, Inc. is an online service offering professional dietary, nutritional, and exercise advice through its website. The company was formed in 1997. Originally called Practi-cal the original 12 week weight management program was based on Weighting For Wellness, written by Donna DeCunzo, RD,LD. The program incorporated nutrition, fitness, behavior modification and stress management as part of its tenets. Steve Johnson programmed the database and Dave Humble  wrote the business plan.
As of June 30, 2006, eDiets.com had over 2 million consumers worldwide and has received the Forbes Spring 2004 and 2005 "Best of the Web" award in the diet and nutrition category, and PC Magazine "Editors' Choice" in May 2004 and 2005.
In 2006, a 45% stake in eDiets was purchased by Prides Capital, a special investment firm that invests in companies poised for rapid growth. eDiets also announced the launch of a meal delivery service called Deliciously Yours making it the only diet company offering delivery of fresh cooked meals. The service has been fully rolled out throughout late 2007 and 2008.
As of February 28 2013, eDiets became a wholy owned subsidiary of As Seen On TV, Inc. (ASTV)
eDiets bases customer programs on a large diet and food information database which allows customers to personalize diet plans to their own preferences. eDiets is similar to many of the various diet delivery companies in the United States. The food is prepared in a kitchen and is fresh and never frozen or freeze dried. Similar companies include Nutrisystem, Diet to go, and bistroMD.
After agreeing a deal with Tesco of the UK, eDiets now trades as Tesco Diets in the UK.
- "Company Overview". Ediets.com. Retrieved 2012-01-05.
- "Edgar Pro". Google.brand.edgar-online.com. Retrieved 2012-01-05.
- "Sample Contracts - Agreement - eDiets.com Inc., Whale Securities Co. LP, Matthew Gohd, Leslie Wilson, Craig Schwabe, Matthew Drillman and Rene Russnok - Business Agreements". Contracts.onecle.com. Retrieved 2012-01-05.
- May 4, 2004 Comments (2004-05-04). "Editors' Choice: eDiets.com - Wellness on the Web | Roundup". PCMag.com. Retrieved 2012-01-05.
- April 6, 2005 (2005-04-06). "eDiets Review & Rating". PCMag.com. Retrieved 2012-01-05.