|Developer(s)||Open Source Project|
|Stable release||1.8.007 / May 6, 2014|
|License||GNU General Public License|
It is used either via its native web-interface, making access platform-independent, or by using different supported groupware clients, such as Kontact, Novell Evolution, or Microsoft Outlook. It can also be used by mobile phone or PDA via SyncML.
It currently has translations for more than 25 languages, including right-to-left language support. It depends on a standard X-AMP System and as such requires no specific operating system. Most popular internet browsers are supported for use as web based clients.
EGroupware is the most current manifestation of a chain of projects. The original project was called webdistro. In 2000 development on the project phpgroupware began, which was based on webdistro; and in 2003 the EGroupware fork was born. EGroupware has a very pronounced community character compared with its predecessors.
There is a EGroupware constitution, adopted in 2005, which guarantees freedom and security to the community and establishes admin elections.
For a short time Tine 2.0 was an official subproject of EGroupware. The goal of the subproject was the development of future technologies for the EGroupware project. Due to internal disagreements, the projects EGroupware and Tine 2.0 had separated from each other in February 2008.
- Calendar (including support for scheduling of groups, resources and contacts)
- Contact-manager using an SQL database or LDAP
- Integrated IMAP webmail client (FelaMiMail)
- Infolog, an application for tasks and notes
- Element based project manager highly integrated with all other apps
- Resources management (inventory) and booking tool integrated into EGroupware calendar
- File manager
- SiteMgr: web based authoring system with fine granulated access control lists
- Time-tracker application integrated with project manager
- Tracking of bugs or other, integrated with project manager
- Knowledge base
- CalDAV and CardDAV server
- List of collaborative software#Open_source_software compares its features with others
- List of project management software
- Ralf Becker, Birgit Becker, Michaela Knotte, Ingo Kreißelmeyer: Manual EGroupware 1.4, English, Outdoor Unlimited Training GmbH, 1.Edition, January 2008, ISBN 978-3-9811968-1-8
- Ralf Becker, Birgit Becker, M. Knotte, I. Kreißelmeyer: Benutzerhandbuch EGroupware 1.4, German, Outdoor Unlimited Training GmbH, 1. Edition, August 2007) ISBN 978-3-9811968-0-1
- EGroupware Community Edition
- SourceForge EGroupware project site
- Stylite - an EGroupware service provider
- EGroupwareItalia - an Italian EGroupware service provider