|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2012)|
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (June 2013)|
|Traded as||NASDAQ: EHTH|
|Headquarters||Mountain View, California|
Robert S. Hurley
Sam C. Gibbs
Dr. Jiang Wu
eHealthInsurance is a national marketplace that lists sales quotes for various health insurance plans and allows consumers to apply for coverage online. Using their proprietary "eApproval" technology, eHealthInsurance can approve some applications during a single online session.
Licensed to market and sell health insurance in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, eHealthInsurance has developed partnerships with more than 180 health insurance companies and offers more than 10,000 health insurance products.
eHealthInsurance's parent company is eHealth, Inc. eHealth was founded in 1997, and its technology was responsible for the nation's first Internet-based sale of a health insurance policy. eHealth, Inc. is headquartered in Mountain View, California.
Health Insurance Exchanges
eHealthInsurance technology can be seen as a type of health insurance exchange being discussed as part of health reform legislation.
eHealthInsurance has been politically active on issues related to health insurance. Testimony, editorials and letters to governmental bodies issued by eHealthInsurance are available online at its parent company's website. The company has issued a number of research reports on the individual health insurance and Health Savings Account markets, which are available on its website.
eHealthInsurance acquired privately held PlanPrescriber, Inc. (formerly known as Experion Systems, Inc.) in 2010 to aid its entry into the Medicare marketplace. PlanPrescriber provides a tool that functions online and through pharmacy-based portals to help seniors navigate Medicare health insurance options and choose the right plan. As a result of the transaction, PlanPrescriber became a wholly owned subsidiary of eHealth, Inc.
- Applyby, Julie (September 4, 2009). "Health Care: Lowering costs for old could raise them for young". USA Today. Kaiser Health News. Retrieved May 31, 2013.
- Gary Lauer. "Connecting Americans to Health Insurance Coverage Overnight". Roll Call.
- "eHealth, Inc. Announces Acquisition of PlanPrescriber, Inc" (Press release). eHealth. May 3, 2010. Retrieved May 31, 2013.
- Official website
- eHealth Medicare
- eHealth, Inc. Announces Acquisition of PlanPrescriber, Inc.
- Alterman, Elizabeth (September 7, 2012). "Retirees' new pastime: Cutting costs in all sorts of ways". USA Today. CNBC.
- Kiplinger: 30 Ways to Cut Health-Care Costs