An Ariane 4 rocket at ELA-2
|Launch site||Guiana Space Centre|
|Minimum / maximum
|First launch||15 June 1988|
|Last launch||15 February 2003|
|Associated rockets||Ariane 4|
ELA-2, short for Ensemble de Lancement Ariane 2 (French for Ariane Launch Area 2), was a launch pad at the Centre Spatial Guyanais in French Guiana. It was used by Arianespace for all 116 Ariane 4 launches between 1988 and 2003. Following the retirement of the Ariane 4 in favour of the Ariane 5, ELA-2 was deactivated. In September 2011 the pad's mobile service tower was demolished using explosives.
See also 
- Wade, Mark. "Kourou ELA2". Encyclopedia Astronautica. Retrieved 2008-11-15.
- Wade, Mark. "Kourou". Encyclopedia Astronautica. Retrieved 2008-11-15.
- Wade, Mark. "Ariane". Encyclopedia Astronautica. Retrieved 2008-11-15.
- Zak, Anatoly; Chabot, Alain (2008-05-25). "The ELA-2 launch complex in Kourou, French Guiana". Russian Space Web. Retrieved 2008-11-15.
- "The Spaceport's ELA-2 launch facility is dismantled after an illustrious career". Arianespace. 26 September 2011. Retrieved 28 September 2011.
|This rocketry article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|