From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
EMD may refer to:
- Electro-Motive Diesel and its predecessor Electro-Motive Division, locomotive manufacturer
- EMD Chemicals, EMD Pharmaceuticals, EMD Serono, and EMD Biosciences in the Merck KGaA group
- EMD Drive Systems Ltd - Electric Motor Development company bought in 2008 by Parvalux
- European Marketing Distribution, a European purchasing organization for grocery stores
Science and technology
- Earth Mover's Distance, a mathematical measure
- Einstein-Maxwell-Dirac equations
- Electromagnetic Diaphragm, a type of sensor
- Emerin, a gene associated with Emery-Dreifuss muscular dystrophy
- Empirical Mode Decomposition, part of the Hilbert–Huang_transform signal decomposition method
- Electromechanical dissociation, see Pulseless electrical activity
- Electro-Muscular Disruption weapon, see electroshock weapon
- Electron Microscopy Databank, see EM Data Bank
- Enamel matrix derivative, otherwise known as enamel matrix proteins, a material intended to regenerate the supporting tissues of the teeth
- Electronic Miscellaneous Document, an IATA standard to document the sale and track usage of charges (e.g., residual value, miscellaneous or excess baggage charges)
Finance and money
- Emerging Market Debt, a financial term
- Earnest money deposit, a type of deposit in real estate dealing
- Emergency Medical Dispatcher, a certification obtained to answer, process, and prioritise emergency calls for paramedic response.
- E.M.D., a Swedish band
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title EMD.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.