|Public (OMX Nordic Exchange Stockholm Small Cap, ticker: ENEA)|
|Industry||Software & Programming|
|Anders Skarin, Chairman
Anders Lidbeck, President and CEO
Håkan Rippe, CFO
Adrian Leufvén, SVP Software Sales
Kirk Fuller, SVP NA Product Sales & Strategic Alliances
Oskar Swirtun, SVP Marketing
Daniel Forsgren, SVP Product Management
Karl Mörner, SVP Products
Bogdan Putinica, SVP Global Services
Enea OSE, Enea OSEck and OSE Epsilon
|Revenue||408.5 million SEK (2013)|
|63.2 million SEK (2013)|
Number of employees
Enea is global information technology company with its headquarters in Kista, Sweden that provides real-time operating systems and consulting services. Enea, which is an abbreviation of Engmans Elektronik Aktiebolag, is producing the operating system OSE (Operating System Embedded).
- Enea Linux, which provides an open, cross-development tool chain and runtime environment based on the Yocto Project embedded Linux configuration system.
- the Enea OSE family of realtime operating systems including Enea OSE, Enea OSEck (for DSPs) and Enea OSE Epsilon (for microcontrollers) - all three operating systems share the same modular architecture microkernel architecture making application migration a simple process. Enea OSE Multicore Edition was released in 2009 and won the VDC Research Group Best of Show Award at the ESC Boston trade show. Enea OSE Multicore Edition offers both AMP and SMP processing in a hybrid architecture.
- Enea Hypervisor is also based on OSE microkernel technology and runs Enea OSE applications and takes as guests Linux Operating System and optionally semiconductor specific executive environments for bare-metal speed packet processing
- Enea Optima development tool suite for developing, debugging and profiling embedded systems software
- the Polyhedra family of relational database systems, consisting of 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Polyhedra in-memory database management system (IMDB), and Polyhedra FlashLite (which holds the data in flash-based files)
- the Element middleware software for high-availability systems, based on technology developed by Equipe Communications Corp
- the dSPEED middleware a suite of management, debug and error handling services for developing, deploying, and maintaining DSP "user plane" applications.
- LINX, an adaptable inter-process communication mechanism that has been released via SourceForge in open source forms (with proprietary forms for OSE and other platforms).
- Enea Netbricks Line of Protocols, for Signalling, NGN and Fax and Data applications.
In addition to its line of off the shelf software products, Enea has a global services operation offering end to end development and support for technology products. This includes design, development, testing and maintenance, and off-shoring. Enea has particular expertise in testing and testing training, telecom applications, and safety and certification.
Enea was founded 1968 by four engineers from the Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm. Their first product was an operating system for a defence computer used by the Swedish Air Force. During the 1970s the firm developed compiler technology for the programming language Simula.
During the early days of the European Internet-like connections, Enea employee Björn Eriksen connected Sweden to EUnet using UUCP, and registered enea as the first Swedish domain in April 1983. The domain was later converted to the internet domain enea.se when the network was switched over to TCP and the Swedish top domain .se was created in 1986.
- IP Communications: Enea Launches Enea OSE Multicore Edition
- Embeddie Winners Announced
- MulticoreZone: Enea takes on Multicore with Hypervisor
- MulticoreZone: Enea Optima Tools Tuned for Multicore
- LightReading.com: Enea Revives Équipe Middleware
- Download LINX software for free at SourceForge.net
- Enea Acquires French Software Company Netbricks
- www.iis.se: Björn Eriksen administered .se
- www.iis.se: Contact information for domain enea.se