From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from EPIX Pharmaceuticals)
Its products included the following agents:
- PRX-00023—5-HT1A receptor full agonist (later discovered to actually be an antagonist): for major depression and generalized anxiety disorder
- PRX-03140—5-HT4 receptor partial agonist: for Alzheimer's disease
- PRX-07034—5-HT6 receptor antagonist: for obesity and cognitive impairment associated with Alzheimer's disease and schizophrenia
- PRX-08066—5-HT2B receptor antagonist: for pulmonary hypertension associated with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
As of July 2009, the company was in the process of asset liquidation due to insufficient funds to stay afloat.
- Weisman, Robert (22 July 2009). "Epix Pharmaceuticals of Lexington is latest biotech to fall to funding crunch". The Boston Globe. Retrieved 23 November 2011.
|This article about a medical, pharmaceutical or biotechnological corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|