|The EPpy Awards|
EPpy Awards logo
|Presented by||Editor & Publisher and Mediaweek|
The EPpy Awards are premier accolade for media-affiliated websites that is presented by Editor & Publisher and Mediaweek. Designed in 1996 to honor newspaper companies that did an "outstanding job in creating online services", it was initially named the Best Online Newspaper Services Competition, and presented at the end of the Interactive Newspaper Conference. In 1998, the awards were renamed The EPpy Awards. and in 2003 the awards were expanded to recognise websites associated to other media outlets, as well as newspapers. Since 2003, Mediaweek have co-sponsored the Interactive Newspaper Conference and Trade Show, and the both awards and conference were moved from a February to May. The 14th EPpy Awards were at the Astor Crowne Plaza Hotel in New Orleans on May 7, 2009.
- "1999 EPpy Awards Call for Entries". Business Wire. AllBusiness.com. September 8, 1998. Retrieved August 13, 2009.
- "Editor & Publisher and The Kelsey Group Present 1996's Best Online Newspaper Services". Editor & Publisher. February 1996. Retrieved August 13, 2009.
- "Washingtonpost.com Leads All Newspapers With Seven Entries Among 1999 EPpy Finalists". Editor & Publisher. January 18, 1999. Retrieved August 13, 2009.
- Levins, Hoag (February 6, 1998). "CHICAGO TRIBUNE WINS 3 TOP HONORS IN WORLD'S BEST ONLINE NEWSPAPER AWARDS 14 Winners Announced at Seattle Ceremony". Editor & Publisher. Retrieved August 13, 2009.
- "EPpy Awards". Editor & Publisher. Retrieved August 13, 2009.
- "Nielsen Conference and Events". Nielsen Company. Retrieved August 13, 2009.