|This article does not cite any references or sources. (November 2012)|
- For other uses, see ERC (disambiguation).
ERC is Northeast Ohio's largest organization providing Human Resources and workplace programs, practices, training and consulting. ERC also hosts the NorthCoast 99 program and sponsors the ERC Health insurance program. It is not uncommon for the media to quote ERC consultants in their stories when looking for an authority on the subject. ERC's mission is to assist organizations in attracting, retaining, and motivating top performing employees.
ERC was founded in July, 1920 as the American Plan Association of Cleveland. One of the organization’s main goals was to promote open shop employment instead of the common closed shop practice, which meant an employer was either union or non-union, but could not hire some of each. Another early goal was to help reduce the number of strikes locally, and the organization claimed it was at least partially responsible for reducing the number of strikes in Cleveland from 41 in 1920 to 21 in 1922. In 1920 Cleveland had been one of the only large cities in the US without a general employer’s association, yet by 1922 the APA of Cleveland had grown to be one of the largest such organizations in the country. In 1930 the organization was renamed The Associated Industries of Cleveland, and in 1986 the name Employer's Resource Council was coined. The organization is now more commonly referred to simply as ERC.
ERC is a currently membership organization. Members of ERC receive unlimited access to ERC's Online HR Research, On-Site ERC Research Center, Compensation, Benefit and Policy Surveys, HR Resource Line, and ERC's weekly newsletter Quick Hits.
ERC in the News
- Generation Itegration, By Mary Vanac, Cleveland Plain Dealer, September 11, 2006
- ERC Partners with Travelers to offer Home and Auto Insurance, found on PR Web July 2006
- ERC Introduces Affordable Health Insurance for Northeast Ohio Small Businesses, found on PR Web July 2006
- ERC kicks off health care coverage for small businesses, By Shannon Mortland, Crain's Cleveland Business, June 12, 2006
- How to: Choose a health care plan, By Chrissy Kadleck, Crain's Cleveland Business, June 2006
- Business Diary - ERC Health, Cleveland Plain Dealer, June 13, 2006
- New Affordable Health Insurance Option Now Available for Northeast Ohio Small Businesses, Yahoo, June 2006
- New Affordable Health Insurance Option Now Available for Northeast Ohio Small Businesses, Insurance Newsnet, June 2006
- Survey: Employers anticipating slight growth in wages, salaries, By David Bennett, Crain's Cleveland Business, May 8, 2006
- Fitness yields dividends, By Teresa Dixon Murray, Cleveland Plain Dealer, April 25, 2006
- Off-duty? Not so fast, By Alison Grant, Cleveland Plain Dealer, April 10, 2006