"Think Smart" (formerly "We protect your digital worlds")
|Type||Private Limited Company|
|Key people||Andrew Lee, Pavol Luka, Juraj Malcho, Richard Marko (CEO), Milan Masaryk, Ignacio Sbampato (alphabetical)|
ESET is an IT security company headquartered in Bratislava, Slovakia that was founded in 1992 by the merger of two private companies. The company was awarded as the most successful Slovak company in 2008, 2009 and 2010. ESET is privately held and has branch offices in San Diego, United States; Montreal, Canada; Buenos Aires, Argentina; São Paulo, Brazil; Prague, Czech Republic; Kraków, Poland; and Singapore as well as distributors in over 180 countries.
ESET offers antivirus products like ESET NOD32 and competes in the antivirus industry against Avira, BullGuard, F-Secure, Frisk, Kaspersky, McAfee, Panda Security, Sophos, Symantec, and Trend Micro among others.
In April 2009, ESET offered its antivirus engine in the form of SDK, which was implemented by CYAN Networks Software GmbH in its Secure Web Gateway product line.
ESET's products are regularly tested by organizations such as AV-Comparatives, AV-TEST and Virus Bulletin. ESET is the first company to receive seventy eight (78) VB100 awards from Virus Bulletin and has not missed a single threat in Virus Bulletin's tests since 1998. ESET's products are regularly certified by ICSA Labs and West Coast Labs.
- 1987 - The first version of antivirus NOD is created by Peter Paško and Miroslav Trnka
- 2012 - Founding of ESET Research and Development Center in Montreal, Canada
- 2013 - ESET launches ESET Secure Authentication, the first authentication product of the company
- "ESET :: Download :: For Home". Eset.com. Retrieved 2012-04-17.
- "About ESET :: Company Profile :: History". Eset.com. Retrieved 2012-04-17.
- "About ESET: Company Profile: History". ESET. Retrieved 2011-07-01.
- "Firma roka je Eset a najúspešnejšia banka VÚB" (in Slovak). SME. 2009-11-10. Retrieved 28 April 2010. "Eset je len treťou spoločnosťou, ktorá dokázala titul Firma roka obhájiť."
- Doktor, Vladislav (2009-11-11). "Eset je opäť firmou roka" (in Slovak). Hospodárske noviny. Retrieved 28 April 2010.[dead link] "Firmou roka v dvanástom ročníku udeľovania cien za mimoriadne podnikateľské výsledky týždenníka Trend sa včera stala softvérová spoločnosť Eset, ktorá obhájila vlaňajší primát."
- "ESET is opening R&D Center in Canada at Polytechnique Montréal". École Polytechnique de Montréal. 2012-04-17. Retrieved 2012-04-19.
- "ESET opens Asia-Pacific headquarters in Singapore". Version-2 Limited. 27 August 2010. Retrieved 20 August 2011.
- "Virus Bulletin VB100 Results Overview: ESET". Virus Bulletin. Retrieved 12 February 2013.
- "ESET Opens Research & Development Center in Canada at Montreal’s École Polytechnique Campus". Polytechnique Montreal. 2012-04-17.
- "ESET Secure Authentication: New Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) System Protects Passwords and Prevents Data Breaches". Yahoo!. 2013-02-21.[dead link]
|Find more about ESET at Wikipedia's sister projects|
|Media from Commons|