ESPN2 College Football Friday Primetime
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (February 2007)|
|College Football Primetime|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Running time||3 hours|
|Original channel||ESPN or ESPN2|
|Original run||2004– present|
ESPN2 College Football Friday Primetime is a live game presentation of Division 1-A college football on ESPN2 or sometimes ESPN. There is no main sponsor. The game telecast airs every Friday night at 7:45pm ET during the college football regular season. In 2014, the games will be announced by Dave Flemming and Danny Kanell. The game is preceded by a 5-10 minute long segment of College Football Scoreboard with Chris Cotter, Lou Holtz and Mark May They both also present the Pontiac Performance Halftime Report.
The biggest game for this package occurred on September 28, 2007, when the at the time fifth-ranked West Virginia Mountaineers took on the eighteenth-ranked South Florida Bulls. The game drew a 2.7 rating, the second highest since ESPN2 began televising college football.
|Game||Play- by- Play||Analyst(s)||Field Reporter(s)|
|2004||Tim Ryan||Rod Gilmore and Trevor Matich||Heather Cox|
|2005||Dave Pasch||Stacey Dales|
|2007||Sean McDonough||Chris Spielman||Rob Stone|
|2009||Joe Tessitore||Rod Gilmore|
|2012||Carter Blackburn||Jemele Hill|
|2013||Danny Kanell||Allison Williams|
- Starting Lineups: The starting lineups are presented during the first possession of each team's offense and defence.
- Impact Players: Following the starting lineups, McDonough and Spielman run down the top two or three impact players on each teams side of the ball.
- Halftime Report: The crew of Chris Cotter, Lou Holtz and Mark May present the halftime report, which features analysis of the first half, highlights of earlier games and a look at other happenings in the sports world.
- SportsCenter In-game: This segment appears during various time in the game, and gives up to the minute highlights when something big happens in another game.
- College GameDay
- College Football Scoreboard
- College Football Final
- ABC Saturday Night College Football