ESPN2 College Football Saturday Primetime
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (February 2007)|
|College Football Primetime|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Running time||3 hours (approximate)|
|Original channel||ESPN2 (1994-)|
|Original run||1994 – Present|
ESPN2 College Football Primetime is a live game presentation of Division 1-A college football on ESPN2. In the past, the primary sponsors have been Polaroid, AT&T and GoDaddy.com. Like its ESPN counterpart, the current presenting sponsor of this version is Hampton Hotels. The game telecast airs every Saturday night at 7:45pm ET during the college football regular season. The game is preceded by a 45-minute long College Football Scoreboard with Linda Cohn, or Brian Kenny. Either of them also present the halftime show. This game telecast is also presented in high-definition on ESPN2HD.
Since debuting in 1994, it has broadcast games from numerous conferences including the SEC, ACC, Big Ten and the Big East. This game is often seen as the ESPN2 Game of the Week along with the Thursday night telecast.
Some notable voices of ESPN2 College Football Primetime over the years have been Ron Franklin, Ed Cunningham and Adrian Karsten, but Karsten has been replaced by Dr. Jerry Punch after his 2005 suicide.
- Dave Barnett: (play-by,play, 2001–04)
- Ed Cunningham: (analyst, 2006)
- Stacey Dales (field reporter, 2007)
- Ron Franklin: (play-by-play, 2006)
- Mike Gottfried: (analyst, 2005)
- Sean McDonough: (play-by-play, 2005)
- Dr. Jerry Punch: (field reporter, 2005–06)
- Mike Golic (analyst, ?–?)
- Bill Curry (analyst, ?–?)
- Michelle Tafoya (field reporter, ?–?)
- Todd Harris (field reporter, 2008)
- Starting Lineups: The starting lineups are presented during the first possession of each team's offense and defence.
- Impact Players: Following the starting lineups, Jones and Davie run down the top two or three impact players on each teams side of the ball.
- Halftime Report: Brian Kenny or Linda Cohn present the halftime report, which features highlights of earlier games and a look at other happenings in the sports world.
- SportsCenter In-game: This segment appears during various time in the game, when Rece Davis gives up to the minute highlights when something big happens in another game.
- Primetime Pulse: Two or three times during the game, Rece Davis shows a screen with live coverage of the ABC primetime game, the ESPN primetime game and the ESPN2 primetime game.
- College GameDay
- College Football Scoreboard
- College Football Final
- ESPN College Football Thursday Primetime
- ESPN College Football Saturday Primetime
- Saturday Night Football