IBM eServer was a family of computer servers from IBM Corporation. Announced in the year 2000, it combined the various IBM server brands (AS/400, Netfinity, RS/6000, S/390) under one brand. The various sub-brands were at the same time rebranded from:
- IBM AS/400 to IBM eServer iSeries, i for Integrated.
- IBM RS/6000 to IBM eServer pSeries, p for POWER
- IBM Netfinity to IBM eServer xSeries, x for eXtended architecture (with respect to "commodity" Intel-based servers)
- IBM S/390 to IBM eServer zSeries, z for Zero downtime
In 2005 announced a new brand, IBM System as an umbrella for all IBM server and storage brands. The name change was finished in 2006 when the IBM xSeries became the IBM System x.
- IBM eServer iSeries became IBM System i
- IBM eServer pSeries became IBM System p
- IBM eServer xSeries became IBM System x
- IBM eServer zSeries became IBM System z
- IBM TotalStorage became IBM Storage
- IBM eServer BladeCenter became IBM BladeCenter
- IBM eServer 1350 became IBM System Cluster 1350
|This product article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|