ETC (TV channel)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2012)|
|Current logo used since 2014|
|Type||Broadcast commercial television network|
|Founded||August 23, 2004|
|Headquarters||Upper Ground Floor of the Worldwide Corporate Center, EDSA corner Shaw Boulevard, Mandaluyong City|
|Owner||Southern Broadcasting Network
Solar Entertainment Corporation
(Under the Wilson, William and Willy Tieng family)
|Ramon S. Ang (Apart owner of Solar Entertainment Corporation)
Lucio Co (Chairman, Southern Broadcasting Network)
Teofilo Henson (President & CEO, Southern Broadcasting Network)
Katrina Holigores (Network Development Head)
|August 23, 2004|
|22 (UHF) (Digital test broadcast)|
|NTSC 480i (SDTV)|
|Affiliation||Southern Broadcasting Network|
|ETC Facebook Page
ETC on Solar Entertainment site
Filipino (Tagalog) (secondary)
|Analog||Channel 21 (UHF)
(Digital test broadcast)
|Available on SBN's Owned, Operated, Originating, relay and affiliate stations||
Butuan & Surigao City
|Cignal Digital TV||Channel 9|
|Dream Satellite TV||Channel 32|
|SkyCable||Channel 16 (Digital)|
|Destiny Cable||Channel 16 (Digital)
Channel 28 (Analog)
|Cable Star Iloilo||Channel 41|
|SkyCable Laoag, Tuguegarao, Baguio, Dagupan, Pampanga, Bulacan, Laguna, Cavite, Batangas, Lucena City, Palawan, Naga, Legazpi, Iriga, Kalibo, Roxas, Iloilo, Bacolod, Cebu, Dumaguete, Tacloban, Zamboanga, Cagayan De Oro, Iligan, Dipolog, Pagadian, Butuan, Surigao, Davao, General Santos, Cotabato||Channel 17|
|Parasat Cable TV||Channel 218|
|New Bacolod Cable TV||Channel 19|
|Available in over 160 cable providers nationwide||Check local listings for channels|
ETC (stylized as etc, formerly Entertainment Central) is a major commercial television network in the Philippines owned by Solar Entertainment Corporation and operated by Southern Broadcasting Network with an airtime agreement. It is broadcast on SBN's flagship station DWCP-TV UHF channel 21 in Mega Manila. The network can also be seen in other regional originating and relay stations in the Philippines.
Broadcasting 19 hours for weekdays from 6:00 AM to 1:00 AM and 18 hours for weekends from 6:00 AM to 12:00 MN on free TV, while 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on cable, satellite and internet TV providers. Except Holy Week of each year where it signs-off at 1 AM from Maundy Thursday to Black Saturday and resume programs until 6 AM on Easter Sunday.
Its broadcast facilities are located at the Upper Ground Floor of the Worldwide Corporate Center, Epifanio de los Santos corner Shaw Boulevard, Mandaluyong City, while its transmitter is located at Strata 2000 Building, F. Ortigas Jr. Road, Ortigas Center, Pasig City.
On August 23, 2004, ETC was launched on various cable and satellite providers as "Entertainment Central".
On January 1, 2008, ETC ceased to air over SkyCable as a separate channel. As part of the Solar network’s block-time agreements with various terrestrial channels, ETC started airing over SBN 21, a terrestrial UHF TV station in Metro Manila and selected cities in the Philippines.
However, ETC returned to all SBN stations on November 30, 2013, San Miguel Corporation President and COO Ramon S. Ang personally interest acquired the minority stake of Solar Entertainment Corporation. Tiengs was the majority stockholder then of SEC. after Talk TV, which was renamed Solar News Channel at that time, and later, 9TV on August 23, 2014 (now known as CNN Philippines on March 16, 2015), moved to all RPN stations the following day.
Mainly targeting the young adult demographics, ETC's programming currently consists of sitcoms, drama series, reality and entertainment news programs from the U.S. The network also produces and/or airs local programming, including lifestyle infotainment programs Etcetera and Stylized, and reality programs Project Runway Philippines and Mega Fashion Crew, the latter of which is produced by the One Mega Group and TV 100 Production.
Relay and Affiliate stations
According to Kantar Media/TNS, ETC is the top-ranked local Young adult-oriented television network in the Philippines with ratings combined (January 1 – May 31, 2012) with a 10.33% audience share.
- ETC on RPN-9 starting March 2 retrieved via www.philstar.com 02-25-2011
- Tiengs move into news Manila Standard Today. 02-25-2011. Retrieved 02-25-2011.
- Coloma: Privatization of RPN 9, IBC 13 in the works retrieved March 1, 2011 GMA News Online
- ETC Moves To RPN-9 on March 2 retrieved via www.clickthecity.com 02-28-2011
- RPN 9 to lay off 200 workers retrieved October 1, 2012 InterAksyon.com
- RPN-9 to cut 200 jobs, may stop airing 'Newswatch' retrieved October 2, 2012 Rappler
- "MVP-Ang rivalry set to spill over into television with San Miguel acquisition of Solar stake". February 9, 2015. Retrieved February 9, 2015.
- Solar News Channel turns into 9TV retrieved via 9news.ph 11-26-2014
- Solar News Channel - Expect wider reach and a richer viewing experience retrieved November 5, 2013
- ETC MOVES TO SBN-21 STARTING NOVEMBER 30 retrieved 11-26-2014
- ETC moves to channel 21
- Liz, Laureen Uy have own TV show retrieved September 1, 2014 via ABS-CBNNews.com
- AUDITION FOR MEGA FASHION CREW RELOADED THIS JUNE 29 – 30! retrieved via megastyle.ph 11-26-2014
- "ETC is the #1 Female Channel in the Philippines!". etc. Retrieved July 17, 2012.