The School of Industrial Engineering of Barcelona (Escola Tècnica Superior d'Enginyeria Industrial de Barcelona, abbreviated ETSEIB) is a university school that is part of the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (Technical University of Catalonia, UPC).
The School of Engineering of Barcelona was created in 1851, absorbing the technical and scientific schools that the Junta de Comerç (trade council, a sort of chamber of commerce) had gradually created beginning in 1769. Of all the engineering schools established in Spain at that time, it is the only one that still exists. Classes were initially held in the former convent of Sant Sebastià (which no longer exists), close to the La Llotja building. In 1873, the School moved to a building on Plaça de la Universitat. In 1927 it moved again, to part of the old Can Batlló factory on Carrer Urgell. Finally, in 1964, it moved to the building on Avinguda Diagonal where it is currently located. It's one of the schools who 1971 come together and established the UPC, the Polytechnic University of Catalonia.
The ETSEIB is the biggest engineering school in Catalonia, with more than 3100 students and about 410 professors. The following courses are currently being taught at the ETSEIB:
First and second cycle degrees
- Degree in Industrial Engineering
- Degree in Chemical Engineering
Second cycle degrees
- Degree in Materials Engineering
- Degree in Industrial Organization Engineering
Official master's degrees
- Erasmus Mundus Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Master's Degree in Materials Science Engineering & European
- Master's Degree in Advanced Materials Science and Engineering (Erasmus Mundus)
- Master's Degree in Biomedical Engineering
- Master's Degree in Logistics, Transport and Mobility
- Master's Degree in Biotechnological Engineering
- Master's Degree in Polymers and Biopolymers
- Degree in Design
- European Master's Degree in Materials Engineering
Is the most important annual career fair of the industrial sector in Cataluña, Spain. It is three day event organized by students of Industrial Engineering School of Barcelona, Polytechnic University of Cataluña (UPC).
The aim of the event is to create a bridge between the academic and the real business world. Multinational companies, consultancies and institutions from a wide range of the industrial and technological fields participate to promote themselves or in order to offer internships, final degree projects or full time jobs to the best students. Our goal is to provide to the companies the best talented minds meanwhile giving the students the opportunity to find their place in the business world.
Not only there is a possibility of receiving information about the companies in their stands bit in addition there will be different kind of activities like conferences, coffee meetings, personal interviews or workshops.