|This article does not cite any references or sources. (January 2013)|
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (January 2013)|
|Association without lucrative purpose|
EUCOPE (www.eucope.org) was founded in 2008 in Brussels and promotes companies and associations active in research, development, production and distribution of pharmaceutical products and enhances their scientific, technical, economic and legal objectives.
Via the member associations (the German Pharmaceutical Industry Association (BPI), the Ethical Medicines Industry Group (EMIG) of the UK, the Swedish Associations SwedenBio and IML as well as BioDeutschland) EUCOPE represents more than 900 mid-sized innovative member companies, many of them SMEs. In addition, many innovative companies from Sweden, UK, France, Bulgaria, Italy, Greece, Germany, the Netherlands and Austria are represented on the Board of the association. EUCOPE membership includes innovative family owned companies such as Sigma-Tau, Ferring, B.Braun, Vianex or Bionorica as well as innovative companies active in the field of rare diseases such as Alexion, Celgene, Otsuka or Grifols (http://www.eucope.org/en/about-us/members/ / http://www.eucope.org/en/positions/).
- President of the Association: Jan G. Smith, ABIGO Medial AB, Sweden.
- Vice-President: Dr. Bernd Wegener, B.R.A.H.M.S AG, Germany.
- Vice-President: Stefano Bonani, SEGIX ITALIA srl, Italy
- Treasurer: Dr. Sigurd Pütter, Arzneimittel Pütter GmbH & Co. KG, Germany
- Secretary General: Dr. Alexander Natz
EUCOPE is active in the above mentioned areas:
- Transparent reimbursement and pricing decisions
- Fast national marketing authorisation procedures
- Incentives for incremental research
- Public perception of pharmaceutical innovations by SMEs
- Increased need for collaboration
- Community patent and strong intellectual property rights
- Recast of the clinical trials legislation
- Informed patient as political objective
- Effective promotion of R&D by tax incentives
- Reduced VAT rates for pharmaceuticals
- Prevention of late payment by public authorities
- Transparency Directive
- Orphan Drugs