|Motto||Electricity for Europe|
|Purpose||to represent the common interests of the electricity industry at pan-European level|
|Headquarters||Blvd. de l'Impératrice, 66|
|Membership||National power industry associations|
|President||Johannes Teyssen (E.ON)|
|Vice President||Antonio Mexia|
|Vice President||Henri Proglio|
|Secretary General||Hans Ten Berge|
|Main organ||Board of Directors|
Eurelectric (full name: The Union of the Electricity Industry-Eurelectric) is a sector association that represents the interests of the European electrical power industry. Corporate members consist of electricity generation and distribution companies from most European nations.
Eurelectric was formally established in 1989. It hosts an annual convention at which energy policy is debated and co-funds studies into energy policy. Eurelectric has been cited as an authority on European energy policy.
Eurelectric is led by a president and vice-president, who are elected to two-year terms, and a board of directors. The secretary-general leads the secretariat, which consists of six organizational units employing an international staff of approximately thirty people. There are five professional committees and approximately thirty working groups.
The following national associations are full members (voting membership) of Eurelectric:
The following are affiliate members (non-voting membership):
- European Affiliate Members
- Mediterranean Affiliate Members
- International Affiliate Members
- European Network of Transmission System Operators for Electricity
- Agency for the Cooperation of Energy Regulators (ACER)
- Green eMotion project (Green eMotion)
- "About Eurelectric". Retrieved 4 April 2014.
- "Mission Statement". Eurelectric. Retrieved 7 November 2009.
- Mats Jutterström: A Business Dilemma in EU Lobbying — Horizontal Relations and Parallel Action Stockholm School of Economics, SCORE, 2000. ISBN 91-7265-123-7, ISSN 1404-5052
- Martin, J.P.T. (5 February 1992). "Latest proposals for legislation relating to EC internal energy markets". System Interconnection and Energy Exchange Across National Boundaries, IEE Colloquium on: 8/1–8/6.
- BULTEEL P.: Contribution of the electricity industry towards a sustainable energy supply: Balance and consistency needed in policy, market and environmental frameworks - VGB powertech 2002, vol. 82, no2, ISSN 1435-3199.