EUROPAEUM Institute for European Policy
|EUROPAEUM Institute for European Policy|
EUROPAEUM was launched as a civic association by lecturers of the Department of European Studies at the Faculty of Social Sciences, Charles University in Prague, in 1998. The initial aim was to provide the university students with an platform to improve their capacity in regard to Eurepean integration. At this stage the association enjoyed the support of the Faculty of Social Sciences and the Tempus program of the European Commission.
Later it became a think tank which focuses on the activities of program, project, publishing and training concerning the European integration matters. EUROPEUM is part of various international networks of policy and research institutes, including EPIN (European Policy Institutes Network) and PPCI (Public Policy Centers Initiative). David Král is the director of EUROPAEUM.
In 2011, EUROPAEUM was the 14th institute in the list of the top 30 think tanks in Central and Eastern Europe developed by the Think Tanks and Civil Societies Program (TTCSP) of the international relations program at the University of Pennsylvania.
EUROPAEUM has diversified activities which can be summarized under four main categories: research programs, publications, projects and events. Project activities of the organization are about European integration of the countries which are not the EU members. For instance, "Analysis and Promotion of Policy Debate on the European Future of Turkey and Ukraine in Four Central European States" is one of such projects EUROPAEUM implemented in 2005 with two other think tanks from Hungary (Center for Policy Studies) and Poland (Institute of Public Affairs).
Major event organized by EUROPAEUM is the European Summer School which was started in 2002 and has taken place in Prague since then.
- "Organization Profiles". Eldis. Retrieved 22 September 2013.
- "Projects". Peace Institute. Retrieved 22 September 2013.
- "Home EUROPEUM Institute for European Policy". Foreign Policy Research Institute. Retrieved 22 September 2013.
- Xu Lin (8 February 2012). "Top 30 think tanks in Central and Eastern Europe 2011". China.org. Retrieved 22 September 2013.
- "European think tanks and the EU". Berlaymont paper (2). September 2012. Retrieved 21 September 2013.
- "EUROPEUM Institute for European Policy". University of Colorado Boulder. Retrieved 22 September 2013.