|Traded as||NASDAQ: EZPW|
|Industry||Specialty Consumer Financing|
|Founders||Courtland L. Logue, Jr.|
|Headquarters||Austin, Texas, USA|
|Area served||United States, Mexico, Europe, Canada|
|Key people||Lachlan Given, Chairman and Mark Kuchenrither, President, CEO, and CFO|
|Products||Pawn, Retail, Short-term loans|
|Brands||EZPAWN, Value Pawn, EZMONEY, Empeño Facil, Cash Converters and Grupo Finmart.|
|Revenue||US$ 597 million (2009)|
The company was founded in 1989. In late 2008 EZCORP purchased the Las Vegas based loan providers, Pawn Plus and ASAP Pawn. The company reports it acquired Value Financial Services in January 2009.In June 2014 Paul Rothamel was removed as president and CEO by Phillip Ean Cohen who controls the "company's voting rights." Cohen also removed the company's chairman, William Love.
The company offers specialty consumer lending and signature loans. The company operates over 1,400 locations in the U.S., Canada, the UK and Mexico under the names of EZPAWN, Value Pawn, EZMONEY, Empeño Facil, Cash Converters and Grupo Finmart. It has 7,500 employees and provides short term credit services and pawn loans. It specialized in "non-recourse loans" collateralized by tangible personal property. The company also offers "payday loans" and "fee-based credit services."
- Company Profile Businessweek
- "EZCORP Inc. profile". Reuters. Retrieved July 28, 2014.
- Unknown author EZCORP Inc: NASDAQ:EZPW quotes & news Google Finance
- Maltbie, Robert (23 November 2008). "Own A Pawnshop, Not Morningstar". Forbes.com. Retrieved 10 December 2008.
- "EZCORP Completes Acquisition of Eleven Nevada Pawnshops". Science Letter. Nov 25, 2008. Retrieved July 27, 2014.
- "Press Release: EZCORP Completes Value Financial Services Acquisition". Reuters. 2009-01-02.
- "BUZZ-U.S. Stocks on the Move-Counterpath, Euro Tech, Intercloud". Reuters. July 21, 2014. Retrieved July 27, 2014.