|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
EZ Rock is a brand of adult contemporary music radio stations heard primarily in Canada. The branding was originally created by Telemedia in the mid-1990s for its adult contemporary stations, and based on the call sign of its former Toronto flagship CJEZ (now adult hits-formatted CHBM).
Telemedia was later acquired by Standard Broadcasting in 2002, and Standard in turn was acquired by Astral Media in 2007. The branding has also been retained to date on four former Telemedia stations that Standard sold to Rogers Communications shortly after completing the 2002 takeover.
The stations are generally programmed independently, although special Canadian content versions of shows such as Delilah and the John Tesh Radio Show are heard across the network. Some stations in smaller markets may also share voice-tracked programming in weekend and overnight slots.
Despite the pronunciation of the letter "Z" as "zed" in Canadian English, the name is pronounced "E-Zee Rock" (as in "Easy Rock") using the American English pronunciation of the letter, not "E-Zed Rock".
Stations by province
The following radio stations in Canada use the "EZ Rock" branding:
- Kelowna - CILK-FM
- Summerland - CHOR-FM
- Penticton - CKOR
- Osoyoos - CJOR
- Salmon Arm - CKXR-FM
- Revelstoke - CKCR-FM
- Golden - CKGR-FM
- Invermere - CKIR
- Trail - CJAT-FM
- Nelson - CKKC-FM
- Prince Rupert - CHTK-FM
- Terrace - CFTK
- Kitimat - CKTK-FM
- Edmonton, Alberta - CFMG-FM (identified as EZ Rock from 1990s until 2011)
- Fredericton, New Brunswick - CIBX-FM (identified as EZ Rock from 2000 until 2005)
- Woodstock, New Brunswick - CJCJ-FM (identified as EZ Rock from 1999 to 2009)
- Truro, Nova Scotia - CKTO-FM (identified as EZ Rock from 2001 until 2002)
- Orillia, Ontario - CICX-FM (identified as EZ Rock from 1996 until 2002)
- Ottawa, Ontario - CJOT-FM (identified as EZ Rock from May 27, 2010 until June 30, 2011, former flagship station)
- Toronto, Ontario - CHBM-FM (identified as EZ Rock from 1995 to 2009 using the CJEZ-FM callsign, former flagship station)
- London, Ontario - CIQM-FM (identified as "EZ Rock" from 1996 to August 17, 2012)