Ealdred (bishop of Cornwall)
|Bishop of Cornwall|
|See||Diocese of Cornwall|
|Predecessor||Wulfsige of Cornwall|
|Successor||Æthelred of Cornwall|
In 994, King Æthelred of England removed the diocese of Cornwall from the supervision of the bishop of Crediton. The diploma granting the liberty of the diocese declares that it was written by Sigeric, archbishop of Canterbury, although it is unlikely that it was actually written by his own hand.
- Powicke Handbook of British Chronology p. 218
- Barlow English Church 100-1066 p. 212
- Chaplais "Royal Anglo-Saxon 'Chancery'" Studies in Medieval History pp. 44-45
- Powicke, F. Maurice and E. B. Fryde Handbook of British Chronology 2nd. ed. London:Royal Historical Society 1961
- Barlow, Frank (1979). The English Church 1000-1066: A History of the Later Anglo-Saxon Church (Second Edition ed.). New York: Longman. ISBN 0-582-49049-9.
- Chaplais, Pierre (1985). Mayr-Harting, Henry and R. I. Moore, ed. "The Royal Anglo-Saxon 'Chancery' of the Tenth Century Revisited". Studies in Medieval History Presented to R. H. C. Davis. London: Hambledon Press. pp. 41–51. ISBN 0-907628-68-0.
|Catholic Church titles|
Wulfsige of Cornwall
|Bishop of Cornwall
Æthelred of Cornwall