Eanes Independent School District
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2012)|
||This article is incomplete. (April 2012)|
Eanes Independent School District (EISD) (pronounced EEN-ss) is a school district headquartered in unincorporated Travis County, Texas (USA), in Greater Austin. Its enrollment is approximately 7,700, distributed among six elementary schools, two middle schools, and one high school. All nine schools are rated Exemplary - the highest designation possible - in the State of Texas 2009 accountability ratings, marking the second consecutive year for that accomplishment. The district's overall state is Exemplary, making Eanes ISD one of just two 5A districts in the state to receive that designation in 2009. Only 9.5 percent of districts statewide are rated exemplary. See the bottom of this page for more information about TEA accountability ratings.
The school district encompasses the whole city of Westlake Hills, a majority of Rollingwood, the Lost Creek neighborhood, and parts of Austin including the Cuernavaca neighborhood.
Westlake High School
Westlake High School has an enrollment of about 2,400 students. The school is a U.S. Blue Ribbon School and has won the Texas Successful Schools Award for Outstanding Performance. Its principal is Dr. John Carter. The school is a member of the Model Schools initiative. The current recognition by the TEA is under the Exemplary rating, the highest possible.
- Hill Country Middle School has an enrollment of about 900 students. The school was named a U.S. Blue Ribbon School in 1990-91  and has won the Texas Successful Schools Award for Outstanding Performance. Its principal is Mrs. Kathleen Sullivan. (as of 2011). The Assistant Principals are Mr. Felix Grimmett and Ms. Staci Hubbard.
- West Ridge Middle School has an enrollment of about 850 students. The school was named a U.S. Blue Ribbon School in 1992-93  and has won the Texas Successful Schools Award for Outstanding Performance. Its principal is Mr. Steve Ramsey. The Assistant Principals are Ms. Abby Bridges and Ms. Erika Bacon.
- Barton Creek Elementary School - mascot Blue Jays
- Bridge Point Elementary School - mascot Bobcats
- Cedar Creek Elementary School - mascot Eagles (Cedar Creek Eagles)
- Principal: Lisa Streun
- Eanes Elementary School - mascot Mustangs
- Forest Trail Elementary School - mascot Falcons
- Valley View Elementary School - mascot Cardinals
EISD has been the subject of controversy with regard to whether it is in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. This controversy has become entwined with concerns about EISD's willingness to produce, in a timely manner, documents requested under public information laws.
In early 2009, district parents filed a federal lawsuit against Eanes ISD for noncompliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. 
- "Contact Us." Eanes Independent School District. Retrieved on December 31, 2012. "601 Camp Craft Rd, Austin, TX 78746"
- "2010 CENSUS - CENSUS BLOCK MAP: West Lake Hills city, TX." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on December 31, 2012. (Archive)
- , "Eanes ISD", accessed July 14, 2011
- , "Eanes ISD", accessed July 14, 2011.
- Blue Ribbon Schools Program, Schools Recognized 1982-1983 Through 1999-2002 (PDF)
- Microsoft Word - list-2003.doc
- Steve Miller (29 April 2011). "Lawsuit: Eanes ISD withholding public information, using AG appeals process as delay". texaswatchdog.org. Retrieved 18 May 2011.
- Laura Heinauer (7 May 2009). "Family sues Eanes district over accessibily issues". Statesman.com. Retrieved 18 May 2011.