Eardisley shown within Herefordshire
|Population||695 (2001 census)|
|OS grid reference|
|Unitary authority||County of Herefordshire|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Fire||Hereford and Worcester|
|EU Parliament||West Midlands|
|UK Parliament||North Herefordshire|
|Website||Eardisley Group Parish Council|
Eardisley is a village and civil parish in Herefordshire about 4.5 miles (7.2 km) south of the centre of Kington. Eardisley is in the Wye valley in the northwest of the county, close to the border with Wales.
The village is part of the "Black and white village trail", having many timber-framed buildings along its high street. Recent dendrochronology dating work on timbers in these buildings has revealed that some parts date back to the 14th century.
The Church of England parish church of St. Mary Magdalene is a 12th-century building noted for its font, carved in about 1150. It is a Norman work of the Herefordshire School and bears some resemblance to the carvings at Kilpeck in south Herefordshire. It combines intricate Celtic knotwork patterns with dramatic scenes, including the Harrowing of Hell and two knights fighting. It is a grade I listed building. 
Eardisley has two public houses, the Tram Inn and The New Strand. The New Strand is the headquarters for the North West Herefordshire Pool League which incorporates the Eardisley Summer Pool League and the Portway Winter Pool League.
The New Strand is also headquarters to the Hay and District Darts League & the Weobley and District Darts League.
- "Area: Eardisley CP (Parish)". Neighbourhood Statistics: Full Dataset View. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 19 December 2010.
- Pevsner, 1963, page 121
- "Church of St.mary Magdalene, Eardisley". British Listed Bildings. Retrieved 29 January 2014.
- "Eardisley Flower Show". Eardisley. Eardisley Group Parish Council. Retrieved 19 December 2010.
- Pevsner, Nikolaus (1963). Herefordshire. The Buildings of England. Harmondsworth: Penguin Books. pp. 120–122.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Eardisley.|
- www.eardisley.com Village website
- Eardisley page of unofficial Kington website
- GENUKI(tm) page
- Geograph: photos of Eardisley and surrounding area
- Map sources for Eardisley
|This Herefordshire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|