Earl Dittman is the owner and film critic for Wireless Magazines, a Houston, Texas - based syndicated journal distributed in movie theaters and record stores around the country. He is also a freelance writer, primarily for entertainment-related features.
Earl Dittman is named as one of top ten "movie quote whores" of 2005.
Dittman is known for his overwhelmingly positive, and heavily quoted review blurbs for widely panned movies. Film and media critics have alleged that Dittman's reviews are intended to get him mentioned in international advertising and press material for movies, which has given him the pejorative title of a quote whore. Critics have also noted that some of his quotes have been included in advertisements for movies that had not been pre-screened for critics.
Excerpts of his reviews include:
- Racing Stripes - “Soon to take its place as one of this generation's most hilarious, smart and entertaining family classics.”
- Son of the Mask - “Hilarious! Wonderfully witty. A comedy for the child in all of us.”
- Guess Who - “Outrageously funny! Absolute comic perfection!”
- The Adventures of Shark Boy & Lava Girl - “Spectacular! An eye-popping, action-packed masterpiece!”
- Scooby Doo - “You'll howl with laughter!”
- RV - “RV is spectacularly hilarious.”
- Catwoman - “100% pure fun and excitement!”
- Into the Blue - “A heart-stopping, edge-of-your-seat thriller. Jessica Alba gives a knockout performance.”[dead link]
- Pulse - "The scariest movie of the year!"
- Spider-Man 3 - "The best Spider-Man yet!"
- Daddy Day Camp - "One of the funniest family comedies"
- Movie Quote Whores by Jim Emerson, Roger Ebert's website editor
- Ask Yahoo!: Has the movie critic from "Wireless Magazines" ever disliked a movie?
|This biographical article related to cinema of the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|