Performing at South By Southwest 2008
|Origin||Los Angeles, California|
|Associated acts||Pedro the Lion
Earlimart is an Indie rock band formed in 1998 in Los Angeles, California, and named after the town of Earlimart, California. The main members are Aaron Espinoza and Ariana Murray. Their early sound has been described as "post-punk", and compared to that of Pixies, Sonic Youth and Sparklehorse; later music has been compared to that of Grandaddy and Elliott Smith. In 2009, Espinoza and Murray joined with Jason Lytle and Aaron Burtch, formerly of Grandaddy, to record an album entitled I Heart California, which was released in 2010 under the name Admiral Radley.
- Filthy Doorways (November 22, 1999)
- Kingdom of Champions (October 17, 2000)
- The Avenues (EP) (January 21, 2003)
- Everyone Down Here (April 22, 2003)
- Treble and Tremble (September 28, 2004)
- Answers and Questions (Single) (July 25, 2006)
- Mentor Tormentor (August 21, 2007)
- Hymn and Her (July 1, 2008)
- System Preferences (September 2012)
Appearances in other media
- "Happy Alone" from the album Mentor Tormentor was used in the films Humboldt County (2008) and TiMER (2009).
- "The World" from the album Mentor Tormentor was played on Life during the discovery of a body in the episode titled "Initiative 38" (season 2, episode 20).
- "The World" from the album Mentor Tormentor was played during the season two premiere of Dollhouse when Claire Saunders left and Boyd found her note.
- "We Drink On The Job" from the album Everyone Down Here was featured in a first-season episode of the American drama show The O.C.
- "It's Okay To Think About The Ending" from the album Treble and Tremble was played in the American TV series House.
- "Bloody Nose" from the album Mentor Tormentor was featured in an episode of One Tree Hill (season 5, episode 3).
- "Interloper" from the EP "The Avenues" was featured in an episode in the American TV series The Vampire Diaries.
- "Interloper" from "The Avenues" played in the background during a scene in the American TV series Six Feet Under.
- "All They Ever Do Is Talk" from the album Treble and Tremble was featured in the episode of Veronica Mars titled Clash of the Tritons.
- "Before It Gets Better" from the album Hymn and Her was featured in the last scene of Ugly Betty 's 61st episode, Rabbit Test
- "Broke the Furniture" from the album Treble and Tremble plays during the closing credits of Keiran Mulroney's 2009 film Paper Man.
- ""Nevermind the Phonecalls" from the album Mentor Tormentor in the E09 S2 of Shameless.
- "We Drink On The Job" from the album Everyone Down Here was featured in the American film The Art of Getting By.
- "The World" from the album Mentor Tormentor was featured in episode 60, titled "Not Just a Pretty Face," of the USA Network television series Suits.
- Earlimart Official Homepage
- Earlimart on Myspace
- Earlimart at Allmusic.com
- Photos and Review of Earlimart @ El Mocambo, Toronto, 10/05/2007
- The Scenestar Interview with Earlimart 10/22/2007
- Pitchfork Media review of Everyone Down Here 6/26/2003