Earshot perform at the Orange County Choppers tenth anniversary celebration on 4/25/09
|Origin||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Years active||1999–2012 (Hiatus)|
|Labels||Warner Bros. Records
|Members||Wil Martin - Vocals/ Guitar
Daren Pfeifer - Drums
Edward "Rooster" Rodriguez - Bass
Josh Guinn - Guitar
Chris Loveless - Guitar
Earshot is an American hard rock/alternative metal band from Los Angeles, California. The band has released three albums: Letting Go, Two, and most recently, The Silver Lining on August 26, 2008. They have been on a hiatus since late October 2012.
Formation and Letting Go
The band formed in 1999, with singer Wil Martin collaborating with guitarist Scott Kohler in L.A. Bassist Johnny Sprague and guitarist Mike Callahan joined the band shortly after their debut was completed.
The band's debut album, Letting Go, featured the song "Get Away". It received significant radio airplay, while the song "Headstrong" was featured in the motion picture Queen of the Damned. After months of touring with Staind, Kid Rock and Stone Temple Pilots, "Get Away" peaked at No. 4 on the charts and stayed in the Top 100 for over 60 weeks. Earshot returned to the studio in late 2002 after spending much of that year on the road.
The band's second album, Two, was released in 2004. It includes the breakthrough hit "Wait," which was featured on the Madden NFL 2005 video game soundtrack and the MX vs. ATV Unleashed video game soundtrack. It was also featured in the DVD Tampa Bay Lightning 2004 Stanley Cup Champions.
In early 2005, Earshot returned from the road in support of their second release.
The Silver Lining
In early 2007, Earshot signed with Indegoot/Fontana/Universal Recordings, and began working on a new album, produced by Brian Garcia and co-produced by Wil Martin. Tracks on the album include “MisSunderstood,” “Closer,” “Pushing to Shove,” “Wasted,” “Don’t Hate Me,” "Go," and “Sometimes”. The band posted its new single, "MisSunderstood," on their MySpace page at 12AM (EST) on May 13, 2008. The official nationwide radio release date for the single was May 26, 2008.
The Ugly Truth
On October 20, 2009, the band released a free single through their website, called "The Ugly Truth".
Currently frontman Wil Martin is involved in his folk music side project 'The Wil Martin Project'. He responded to concerned fans on Facebook in late 2012 in regards to the future of Earshot with, "Earshot will always be near and dear to me. I have no plans for it to go away anytime soon. But things were starting to feel forced and flat out uninspiring to me. I found myself becoming increasingly frustrated and unsatisfied with any and all ideas that I would come up with or work on. What I ultimately took away from that was that it was time to take a break and step away."
- Letting Go (2002, Warner Bros. Records)
- Two (2004, Warner Bros. Records)
- The Silver Lining (2008, Indegoot / Fontana / Universal)
|U.S. Mainstream Rock||U.S. Modern Rock|
|2002||"Get Away"||4||20||Letting Go|
|2008||"MisSunderstood"||38||-||The Silver Lining|
|2009||"The Ugly Truth"||-||-||Non-Album Single|
- http://www.earshotband.com/ Official Earshot website
- Earshot on Facebook
- https://twitter.com/EARSHOTBAND Earshot's Official Twitter
- http://www.myspace.com/earshot Earshot's Official Myspace
- http://new.myspace.com/earshot Earshot's Official New Myspace
- http://www.youtube.com/user/earshotTV Earshot's Official YouTube
The Wil Martin Project's Official Sites
- The Wil Martin Project on Facebook
- https://twitter.com/wilxmartin Wil Martin's Official Twitter
- http://www.myspace.com/thewilmartinproject The Wil Martin Project's Official Myspace
- https://new.myspace.com/thewilmartinproject The Wil Martin Project's Official New Myspace
- http://www.youtube.com/user/TheWilMartinProject The Wil Martin Project's Official YouTube