|Headquarters||Brisbane, Queensland, Australia|
|Products||Training, EarthCheck, Advice and EarthCheck Research Institute|
EC3 Global , headquartered in Brisbane, Queensland, is an international tourism and environmental management and advisory group which was developed by the Sustainable Tourism CRC, the world’s largest dedicated research centre specialising in sustainable tourism and research. EC3 Global also owns and manages the EarthCheck benchmarking and certification program which currently operates in over 70 countries.
In June 2010, the Sustainable Tourism CRC (STCRC), completed its formal research agreement with the Australian Commonwealth Government. As one of Australia's most successful research centres, it evolved into three International legacy projects. These include Sustainable Tourism Online, the not-for-profit EarthCheck Research Institute (ERI) and the APEC International Centre for Sustainable Tourism. All of these centres for excellence are supported by EC3 Global / EarthCheck. 
EarthCheck Research Institute 
The EarthCheck Research Institute's (ERI) goal is to be a leading international centre for scientific excellence in sustainable tourism. The institute's focus is on scientific research, education and capacity building to solve real-world challenges.
The role of the Institute is to:
1) Provide advice on the key sustainability and climate change issues now facing the world's travel and tourism industry.
2) Provide advice and assistance to industry on the changing needs of new mandated reporting standards for climate change and sustainability.
3) Provide information and ideas on new research or approaches that need to be addressed by EC3 and industry to meet improved triple bottom line reporting.
4) Provide open, objective and transparent scientific and technical input.
5) Recommend which research teams from across the world are best equipped to complete the research work.
EC3 Global is working with industry partners, international governments and philanthropic organisations to source funding support for research conducted by the ERI. The ERI brings together leading scientists, postdoctoral fellows, staff and students working in and across University research centres around the globe. These researchers work with EC3 Global and its industry partners to develop products and solutions that address both climate change and sustainability, ensuring the legacy of the STCRC is both continued and built upon.
The ERI includes centres of excellence with an established reputation for ground-breaking research. The following researchers and their Research Institutes have currently joined the ERI:
• Professor David Simmons - Lincoln University, New Zealand
• Professor Seong-il Kim - Seoul National University, member of the Korea National Committee of IUCN.
• Professor Richard Moore - Anglia Ruskin University Cambridge and Chelmsford, United Kingdom
• Professor Susanne Becken - Griffith University, Queensland
• Dr Jonathon Day - Purdue University Hospitality and Tourism Research Centre, USA
• Mr Lim Cher Yam - Senior Director of the Architecture Design & Environment Cluster, Singapore Polytechnic
• Associate Professor Paul Peeters - Professor of Sustainable Tourism and Transport at NHTV Breda University of Applied Sciences
• Professor Richard Hyde - Professor of Architecture at University of Sydney
• Mr John Koldowski - Special Advisor - Strategic Intelligence Centre Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA)
• Ms Olivia Ruggles-Brise - Director - Policy & Research - World Travel and Tourism Council