East Central Washington, Maine
According to the United States Census Bureau, the unorganized territory has a total area of 252.6 square miles (654.2 km²), of which 208.0 square miles (538.7 km²) is land and 44.6 square miles (115.5 km²), or 17.66%, is water.
As of the census of 2000, there were 768 people, 315 households, and 219 families residing in the unorganized territory. The population density was 3.7 people per square mile (1.4/km²). There were 609 housing units at an average density of 2.9/sq mi (1.1/km²). The racial makeup of the unorganized territory was 97.01% White, 0.13% Black or African American, 1.43% Native American, 0.13% Asian, 0.39% from other races, and 0.91% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.78% of the population.
There were 315 households out of which 31.1% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 56.5% were married couples living together, 9.2% had a female householder with no husband present, and 30.2% were non-families. 22.5% of all households were made up of individuals and 7.0% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.44 and the average family size was 2.87.
In the unorganized territory the population was spread out with 24.7% under the age of 18, 7.8% from 18 to 24, 28.0% from 25 to 44, 25.4% from 45 to 64, and 14.1% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 38 years. For every 100 females there were 96.4 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 95.3 males.
The median income for a household in the unorganized territory was $25,125, and the median income for a family was $27,500. Males had a median income of $28,571 versus $20,000 for females. The per capita income for the unorganized territory was $12,882. About 13.9% of families and 19.0% of the population were below the poverty line, including 18.8% of those under age 18 and 16.2% of those age 65 or over.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): East Central Washington UT, Washington County, Maine". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved July 20, 2012.
- "Map of Washington County, Maine". Washington County, Maine Government Website. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- "MTA Unorganized Territories". Maine Trappers Association. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- "Number 14 Plantation, Maine". FamilySearch. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.