East High School (Cleveland, Ohio)
|East High School|
|1349 East 79th Street
Cleveland, Ohio, (Cuyahoga County), 44103
|Type||Public, Coeducational high school|
|Closed||June 10, 2010|
|Color(s)||Blue and Gold |
|Athletics conference||Senate League|
|Team name||Blue Bombers|
|Athletic Director||Andre Haynes|
East High School was a public high school located in Cleveland, Ohio. It is part of the Cleveland Metropolitan School District. East's sports teams are nicknamed the Blue Bombers. The school gymnasium suffered a roof collapse in 2000. On June 10, 2010 East High was closed by the 2010 Academic Transformation Plan that was issued by the Cleveland School System.
East High School utilized a small school concept. The three small schools once housed on East's Campus were:
- School of Applied Science and Technology
- Academy of Creative Expression
- Institute of Business, Law and Technology
Ohio High School Athletic Association State Championships
Notes and references
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association member directory". Retrieved 2010-02-17.
- "High school gym roof collapses in Cleveland". CNN. 2000-10-06. Retrieved 2010-05-01.
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association Web site". Retrieved 2006-12-31.
|This Cuyahoga County, Ohio school article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|