East Lansing (Amtrak station)
The Blue Water in East Lansing
|Address||1240 South Harrison Road
East Lansing, MI 48823
|Connections||Amtrak Thruway Motorcoach, Greyhound Lines, Capital Area Transportation Authority|
|Platforms||One side platform|
|Bicycle facilities||Bike rack|
|Passengers (2013)||64,552 3%|
The East Lansing Amtrak Station, in East Lansing, Michigan, is served by the Blue Water passenger train. It also serves as the intercity bus station for East Lansing, with a separate bus ticket counter and Greyhound and Indian Trails routes stopping at the station daily. It is located at 1240 South Harrison Road on the west edge of the Michigan State University campus, and is served by CATA routes 20, 35, and 39. Parking is free but is available on a first-come, first-serve basis. The station has public restrooms, payphones, and vending machines, and the indoor waiting area is wheelchair accessible.
Baggage cannot be checked at this location; however, up to two suitcases in addition to any "personal items" such as briefcases, purses, laptop bags, and infant equipment are allowed on board as carry-ons.
In July 2010 the U.S. Senate Appropriations Committee approved $2.5 million to construct a new multi-modal transit center and improve passenger flow at the site. Future development plans include a new parking structure and improved bus facilities as well as bicycle parking. The project was further awarded a $6.3 million grant in July 2012 by the U.S. Department of Transportation's Federal Transit Administration. The total project costs are $10.5 million on approximately 9 acres, and will also serve inter-city bus services of Megabus and the Michigan Flyer with construction scheduled for completion in 2015.
|Year||Total Passengers||% change|
Ridership for fiscal year 2013 was 64,552, a decrease from 66,552 in 2012.
Notable places nearby
- Michigan Department of Transportation. Monthly Corridor Station Activity Summary, Michigan.gov, retrieved 2013-Oct-14
- Michigan Passenger Station's website, retrieved 2009-Feb-11
- Domsic, Melissa. Senate panel OKs $2.5M for East Lansing Amtrak station, Lansing State Journal, lsj.com, July 29, 2010, retrieved 2010-Aug-10
- Schuster, Simon. E. Lansing Amtrak revamp delayed, The State News, 2013-Sept-26, retrieved 2013-Oct-1
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to East Lansing (Amtrak station).|
- Amtrak – Stations – East Lansing, MI
- East Lansing-Lansing Amtrak Station (USA Rail Guide -- Trains Web)
|This Michigan train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|