East Meadow High School
|East Meadow High School|
|101 Carman Avenue
East Meadow, New York, (Nassau County), 11554
|School district||East Meadow School District|
|Color(s)||Royal Blue and Gold|
|Newspaper||The Jet Gazette|
East Meadow High School is a public high school in the East Meadow school district. East Meadow High School was founded in 1953, as part of what is currently the third-largest school district in New York State. There are approximately 1,650 students in grades 9−12. Approximately 88% of 2007's graduating class continued their education with 60.37% going on to four- year colleges, and 26.93% to two-year colleges.
East Meadow provides many opportunities for students to participate in sports. There are three separate seasons each offering a variety of sports for students to choose.
Football (2006 & 2011 Nassau County Champions), Soccer, Girls Tennis, Volleyball, Cross Country (2007 Girls Nassau County Champions), Field Hockey (2008 County Champions), Cheerleading, Boys Golf, Rockettes/Kickline, Girls Swimming and Diving. The girls cross country team had a league meet winning streak from October 2000 through October 2009. Their record during this time was approximately 120-0.
Baseball (1997 State Champions), Softball, Lacrosse, Track and Field (2009 Boys Class A Division I Champions, 2008 Girls Class AA County Champions), Mens Tennis (2007 Conference Champions), Girls Badminton.
East Meadow High is known for having an excellent music program. The East Meadow High School Jet Marching Band has competed in the Columbus Day Parade in New York City many times, placing first eleven times and ranking in the top three spots many times. Many students participate in band, orchestra, chorus, music theory, and after school in pit orchestra, jazz band, string ensemble, and vocal jazz. They also host a summer music program every July, and have their own chapter of Tri-M Music Honor Society, chapter number 2817. Many students participate in NYSSMA and go on to play music in college and beyond.
- Criss Angel, magician/illusionist, and stunt performer
- Adam Busch, actor/singer
- Richard Greenberg, Broadway playwright (Take Me Out, A Naked Girl on the Appian Way, The American Plan)
- Brandon Moore, NFL linebacker
- Rich Ohrnberger, National Football League offensive lineman
- Joel Rifkin, American serial killer
- Darren Romeo, Illusionist and Magician. Sole protégé of Siegfried and Roy.
- Frank Viola, Major League Baseball pitcher
- Craig Mitchell as Craig Olshlager (Actor/Comedian/Writer)
- Matt Serra, UFC Fighter and former UFC Welterweight Champion.
- Dave Palumbo, Bodybuilding
East Meadow High School has a mobile application for the iPhone and Android phones available. The applications were designed and developed by Christian Turkoanje who was a graduating senior in the class of 2011. The applications were a submission for his Senior Project, a requirement for all graduating seniors to complete.
- East Meadow High School Website
- East Meadow High School Key Club Website (Old Version - No Longer Updated)