East Perth railway station
|Street||East Parade, West Parade, Westralia Street, Cantle Street, Chapman Street|
|Distance from Perth Station||1.9 km (1.2 mi)|
|Stopping patterns||All, B, P|
|Number of platforms||2|
|Platform architecture||1 island|
|Station structure||Open Station|
|Access by||Pedestrian Overpass|
|Transit guard booth||No|
|Train transfer||No (Yes for country/interstate services)|
|Park 'n' Ride||Yes|
|Lock 'n' Ride||No|
|Add Value Machines||No|
|Public telephones||Yes, in Public Transport Centre|
|Public toilets||Yes, in Public Transport Centre|
It is next to the East Perth Terminal and Public Transport Centre, in Western Australia.
East Perth transperth station
The station took the name of the previous East Perth station, which was renamed Claisebrook. The former East Perth railway station was removed on the change of the railway system in the late 1960s.
Interstate terminal - East Perth Railway Terminal
The interstate terminal is the terminus for the Indian Pacific service from Sydney. The terminal was opened in 1969 as the main passenger terminal for the Sydney - Perth standard gauge railway. It is commonly called either East Perth Terminal or East Perth Rail Terminal with the occasional East Perth Train Terminal being used on some websites.
Now known as the Public Transport Centre, it has also been known as the Westrail Centre.
The building above and adjacent to the Railway Terminal platform was originally designed when the railway system was still under the control of the WAGR and was completed during the time when the name became Westrail.
The Westrail Centre was officially opened at the station on 12 November 1976. The public area includes a newsagent, café, help desks, vending machines, seats, televisions, information screens, an ATM and public toilets.
The building was formerly, administrative headquarters for railway operator Westrail, and after the sale of Westrail freight services (and name), Australian Railroad Group were based there for 2 years, from 2000 to 2002. In 2002 ARG relocated to Welshpool, the building is now the base for the Public Transport Authority and Department of Transport.
The building was furnished in its 1970s style decor until 2000 when refurbishment of the upper floors. The TRANSWA bus services to various state destinations also currently depart and arrive at the northern end of this terminal building.
East Perth Platforms
|Stop no.||Platform||Line||Stopping pattern||Destination||Notes|
| East Perth Station platforms|
|99421||Midland||All stations||Perth||A pattern services do not stop here|
|99422||Midland||All stations, B, P||Midland||A pattern services do not stop here|
There is also a motorail dock used for loading vehicles onto the Indian Pacific double-deck car carriers. Both narrow and standard gauge track is laid throughout the station.
|Route Number||Destination / Description|
| East Parade (south bound)|
|905||Train Replacement Service to Perth|
| East Parade (north bound)|
|905||Train Replacement Service to Midland|
- Variously known as the East Perth Loco Depot - http://pandora.nla.gov.au/pan/105263/20090910-1331/wastations.i8.com/Midland/East%20Perth/East_Perth_Station.html
- http://henrietta.liswa.wa.gov.au/record=b2911794~S2 - see also details of oral history at http://henrietta.liswa.wa.gov.au/record=b1809617~S2
- "PTA: History at a glance". www.pta.wa.gov.au. Retrieved 2008-08-24.[dead link]
- http://henrietta.liswa.wa.gov.au/record=b1987576~S2 for a picture of the earlier station signal box
- "HISTORY OF STATIONS ON THE MIDLAND LINE". www.righttrack.wa.gov.au. Retrieved 2008-08-24.[dead link]
- Forbes and Fitzhardinge & Western Australian Government Railways Commission (1972). In Western Australian Government Railways East Perth Administration Terminal Building : report on schematic design. WAGR, [Perth, W.A.]
- Westrail Head Office, East Perth conference and executive offices : resultant sound levels : Forbes & Fitzhardinge and W.E. Bassett & Partners Pty. Ltd. / Ron Carr & Company Pty. Ltd.[East Perth, W.A.] : Westrail, 1977. "Report no. V2104-3, February 1977"
|Preceding station||Transperth Trains network||Following station|
SmartRider Free Transit Zone
|Transwa Trains network|
East Perth - Merredin
|Great Southern Railway|